looking for powerful android tablet

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by damien666, Apr 25, 2012.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all im looking to buy a tablet android based OS, now i want to use it and for it top be top end for gaming and multitasking and in general speedy for surfing ect..im not sure where to go and what type of chips to look into to ie tegra/snapdragon ect

some features it must have are
    • wifi
    • gps
    • super speedy cpu/gpu
    • android ICS compatible

some features is like but not a must
    • pen for gfx drawing and sensitivity to go with it
    • hspda / 3g via simcard
    • bigger the better screen

so if you have the time to provide me with the latest and greatest selection of tablets i would be very grateful

2. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
  3. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    I think the Transformer Prime is the only high-end ICS tablet out right now.

4. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    This...

Not sure what are the new revisions as well.

Not sure if the Galaxy Note can be classified as a tablet as well (even though its a phone)

5. robert1990

robert1990 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5850 iCoolerV750/1100
    Wait for a while, Asus Transformer Prime TF700 is going to be out soon. It's similar with previous Prime (TF201), except you can choose whether you want it with Tegra 3 or Snapdragon S4, and it comes with fullHD resolution (1920x1200 to be exact). It will also comes with Wi-Fi or 3G or LTE version.

Or, if you can't wait, get the current model of Transformer Prime (TF201). It's pretty good :)

6. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

No need to tell more....

7. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    I tried the transformer prime for a couple of weeks and wasn't impressed. I'm no fan of apple but the iPad really does make the prime look average. And the less said about the android store the better

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    As far as a powerhouse goes, Prime is cream of the crop. There are some GPS issues with it though.

9. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    The web browser is poor, especially compared to how quick it is on the Ipad. The prime is a cracking looking device, really stylish and thin, but the poor browsing experience (which is 90% of a tablet really) and the fact the keyboard attachment made the device top heavy and difficult to use on your knee put me off.

10. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    All of the Above

Meh.... much better browsers out there as opposed to stock browser. I use Chrome on my Galaxy S2, and it is just as quick and as slick as it is on my PC

11. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    I tried all the android browsers unfortunately, Dolphin was the best but still only average, and still slow to scroll down pages etc

I have no idea how, given that's it got an excellent quad core CPU on board

12. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    weird, they report the asus tf prime is the faster out there, with more than avg framerates compared to other tablets the level of smoothness is outstanding, at least thats what reviewer's claim

13. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    My co-worker brought his Prime today and i had the chance to play around with it. The thing is really well built. A bit heavier than an iPad 1. Also ICS ran quite smooth without any lag whatsoever. The only thing i noticed on the transformer was that the Google play store was sort of sluggish (not sure if its a problem or not with the actual device.) and the browser was sometimes loading slower than my iPad for some reason. Other than that i didnt get a lot of time to test other various stuff i wanted to.

14. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Did you give google chrome a try? It's more similar to the iPad's browser.

The default android browser loads up most of/all of the page before it shows it, instead of rendering it in tiles like the iPad's does.

And yeah, ICS is really smooth. Hell, I have a completely unofficial, buggy build on my phone and I can use the conservative governor to save battery life, still smooth.

15. ATR

ATR Member Guru

GPU:
    amd 7850 CF
    The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is bad extremely slow and seeing how they are using a similar duel core processor in their new model release it won't be getting any better. Their 10inch models are just not that great. - their 7 inch are good though if you want something that small. But if your after a 10inch display the Transformer Prime is the only way to go at this time until the next lot of quad core tablets come along.

16. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    The Acer Iconia 510 just came out for $450 and its rockin the tegra 3 quad core. Worth looking into if you dont need the keyboard dock.

17. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    To be honest I can't comment on the battery for the device because I only used it during lunch break and dint get to play around with the tools that he had installed.

18. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all sorry for the late reply very very busy.. as for comments let me answer a few

-galaxy note, i have one of these as my everyday phone thanks :)
    -asus transformer, this seems to be the clear choice right now then in terms of power rating, i also like the keyboard dock feature, but like some of you say theirs a newer version with more res and gpu/cpu options so i think ill wait for this as i need gps and one of you mentioned this being an issue with current one. is their an expected uk date?

hmm ok i think im gona wait for the newer asus tablet and hope it fixes the mistakes the older one made, is their a est date on the uk release? also which would be the best choice the tegra vs snapdragon?

thankyou all so much for the info

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ASUS are sending people who own the Prime, a USB GPS Dongle which is apparently discrete and works well to replace the not working one inside

fyi, the reason the GPS doesn't work so well is the aluminium backplate

I own the Original Transformer and apart from the dedicated Tegra 3 apps that make use of the X4 in the Prime, I haven't found anything that it can't run well yet

20. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    ipad!!!!

nah but i was reading a random site once and saw a picture of an incredibly sexy tablet, turned out to be the asus transformer prime. if i had to pick a tablet (im not a fan of tablets and have no use for them but still) it'd be that one. so hot.