Health insurance just got canceled.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by PhazeDelta1, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I had a job....and NEED the health insurance. BUT, having a job, doesn't prevent the insurance company from dropping you due to illness. I know this for a fact.... My insurance company tried to drop me when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm not going to say that what you are claiming has not happened for a few people. The millions annually claim is a gross exaggeration, and makes you point less believable.

As cancer runs in my family I personally have purchased a separate cancer policy just in case.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Don't worry cause the lowest class will have it. Bums are finally getting rewarded for all their hard work at not working.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's not just the middle class that's affected by this. Pretty much anyone who has health insurance is going to get burnt by obamacare. Except those exempt from it. But I agree with you.

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I'm fairly sure our insurance went up a lot over the last 2 years. How much, I'm not sure, but definitely over 30%. It's probably over 35% of our annual income at my house.

6. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    Fixed

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    How exactly can you blindly blame the democrats, when the republicans refused to even discuss health care reform outside of their own party? It's ignorance like that, that allows the government to get away with the same blatant stupidity for 3 presidential terms (so far).....

8. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    As has mine.

----

You may find that when the health care exchange opens (before the ned of the year), that you are able to get the same coverage for less or better coverage for the same money.
    Unless you had a basically useless plan (these are fairly common), in which case, you're probably better of spending a few more bucks.

California has already released the exchange numbers, they're quite a bit cheaper than comparable previous insurance.

9. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    I think things are getting worse and worse for most people eh, no matter where you are in this shi*ty world...

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Lol, tell me about it. :)

11. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    All i can say is thank god for the NHS, even if our healthcare system is a pile of cow ****e, i'd hate to have to worry about private healthcare costs and all the bull**** that comes with dealing with insurance companies.

There are many reasons why i'd never move to the United States if i ever had the opportunity, and that one is high up my list.

12. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Yeah I pay 67 bucks a month.Is our system perfect? hell no but I would rather have the flawed system we have than pay 1100 bucks a month for health insurance then have to worry about being dropped because of illness.

13. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Qft

I've been quoted costs for my family and employees and I'm gonna save about 1200 a month.

14. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Can't believe the prices been thrown around in here, had no idea it cost anything like that much. I thought it would be like $50 a month max or something! Makes me glad to live in a developed country for sure.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Oh you pay just as much as we do just through your Tax system.

16. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    NHS isn't after profit so your healthcare comes first not the amount you pay in

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Im just going to leave this comment alone.

18. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    What? the NHS is a non profit organisation or do the fat cats in America say otherwise? with the death panels and what not :3eyes:

19. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    You seriously think people pay £750 a month just for the NHS in the UK and then we pay even more for all the other stuff as well. Barely anyone unless on a high wage will pay £750 a month tax for everything never mind just health care, what a moronic nonsensical comment.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I pay 140 euros a month here with a lot of things still not covered.
    There have been reports of people not being able to pay the monthly fee as well. quite depressing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.