Unboxing: Radeon RX Vega 64

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Upcoming Monday you are going to see the the first AMD Radeon RX Vega reviews. Media have received their cards and today, Saturday, we're allowed to show you some unboxing of the stuff that AMD...

Unboxing: Radeon RX Vega 64

2. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    Ahh, just what I need for doing cryptocurrency.......Oh wait, I don't do cryptocurrency. LOL

3. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I do like the design for the card (even if the only thing that goes through my head is team rocket from Pokemon), but this is just going to get extremely hot? And/or loud...be looking forward to your review HH and seeing how this card handles and if my worries hold any merit...

I assume most people go for custom aio or liquid cooling version anyway so those worries would quickly disappear

4. Tsenng

Tsenng Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080 AMP
    Soooon

Ah nice looking card there!

I really hope the new cards do alright. I switched to Ryzen now in the cpu department and would so much like to go Radeon again in gfx.

It all depends though my 980TI is still pretty nice and it all comes down to price/perf and ofc your review Hilbert.

Keep up the good work and i look forward to monday

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Worried about the length, heat and sound levels with that blower design since I had reference AMD 6950s before and it barely fit in my case. I know a large portion of that is due to the fan mounts from the Vega FE disassembly pictures.

Hopefully the performance is there so I can wait for custom AIB cards roughly the size of Nano or close to it.

Is there a dual bios switch? Hope its still there for those of us that were adventurous!

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The release on Monday is all fine and good. Personally waiting for the 3rd party custom cards so the review will let me know how well they do or end up going green for the first time in my life. Looking forward to see if there is any synergistic effect with Ryzen. The GMI link on the cpus are supposed to be good for something besides just the cpu.

7. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    2x8 pins connectors is sincerely a killer for me. I want a PC not a Fat PS3 power sucking beast

8. LEEc337

LEEc337 Member Guru

GPU:
    Team Green 960
    Agreed I would like to see if there is any gains with Vega/Ryzen setup after officially released like an extra performance boost they've kept secret through hsa imagine Ryzen memory short comings being countered by using vegas hbm2 hsa pooling is an option

9. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    I dont get your msg, you will end buying 2x8 pins with 3rd party cards anyways, nvidia or amd

10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I'm also waiting for the AIB and Watercooled versions to release. That is where the performance should hold the boost clocks pretty well. It's great to final be this close to release. C'mon AMD, bring us something we have been waiting so so so long for...

11. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Looking forward to the review in a couple of days. :nerd:

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not all card pull that much power, I only buy cards that 1x6 or 1x8 pin i wont buy card that 2x6 or 1x6 and 1x8 or 2x8 I find the more power pins a gpu has the more it has coil whine

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I don't have any problems with my 2x 8pin 980ti and 650w psu, plus extra oc'ed 4770k @ 4.7ghz.

14. LEEc337

LEEc337 Member Guru

GPU:
    Team Green 960
    Monday and HH have all the answers let's see what happens when THE review lands

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Why can´t AMD let their partners release custom cards from the beginning??? The stock VEGA cards looks like a cheap entry level card and their performance should be crap with that weak blower not to mention the noise it´s gonna make...

16. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    And the founders card look like futuristic pieces of plastic shyte.

But reference cards are better for dual gpu setups.

17. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    One thing is sure. That cooler will make the card throttle like mad.

18. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That last part is true, but both AMD and Nvidia are moving away from multi GPU support and it truly does remain to be seen if Game Dev's are willing and have the time and money to put any effort into MGPU.

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Its MS fault about MGPU dying out. Leaving it up to devs for MGPU in DX12 is a complete pisser.

I miss having dual gpus. The look of dual gpus is just awesome.
    My reference EVGA 670 4GBs were some of my favorite next to my R9 290 XFX DD black editions.
    [​IMG]

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's hardly the fault of MS, the point of low level api's is to give more control to developers.

There was always going to be people who lose out, it's impossible to please everyone.

Nvidia and AMD played a big part in this as well, they helped develop DX12 and Vulkan (which only just added MGPU support) and i get the impression from both sides that it's a tech neither want to support anymore anyway.