Microsoft writes off 900 Million due Surface RT

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Microsoft writes off 900 Million due Surface RT, but ... announced a quarterly revenue of $19.90 billion for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. Operating income, net income, and diluted earnings per s...

Microsoft writes off 900 Million due Surface RT

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You know what would be a brilliant move by Microsoft; if they packaged the Windows RT Surface tablets, which aren't selling at all, with all pre-order and first batch Xbox One's. That way, the "Smartglass" would immediately be a hit and entice developers to take advantage of it right away. It would also help add a lot of value to the Xbox One and really help push it as "the main entertainment system in your house" concept.

And it wouldn't really cost Microsoft anything considering that all the Surface RT tablets are going into landfills once Intel's Bay Trail makes a landing. And it would be exactly the boost Microsoft needs right now for its Xbox platform.

3. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    what is going on there? i have they lost there minds... first windows 8 now this shocking...

4. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I'll be buying a Surface RT soon since they're on sale. The Pro is obviously better but I want to keep the tablet with apps from the store otherwise I'll end up bloating the Pro with software which belongs on a PC.

A great time to dump my old Android Honeycomb tablet in my shift to Microsoft from Google.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    SurfaceRT is too limited for it's price imho... For what it's capable of, it should be priced in the $200-250 range.

6. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Limited?

How its capability is limited? It is certainly more capable than any other tablet, except for tablets running full W8. You can still use Office, connect external hdd, printers, cameras, phones, mices, keyboards, projectors, screens and so on. And you can access all pc management and file managenent stuff in desktop.