nVidia GTX 680 Specs and Images

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by fxmercenary, Mar 14, 2012.

1. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yeah, but also he didn't denied it...well amd announced Tenerife, so my guess is that the gk110 will be actually a gtx780 that will fight ati's hd8970 (cause it seems that the dual gpu hd7990 got lost in limbo).

2. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    which is funny because the 590 got lost in limbo too in a way :p

Dual GPU has no market.

So yes, the likelihood of the GK110 being the 780 (not flagship but high end kepler) is big.

It is unfortunate that the way things are going nvidia is abusing the stale graphics market as and excuse to overcharge on a midrange card :3eyes: seemingly.

Also he is right about marketing research during this time. They spread some random rumors to see what people think and then label accordingly.
    Nvidia is holding real tight what the name of the card is even with the NDA up as close as it is.

3. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Yeah, it could be that Nvidia is doing all this to trick you into buying the mid-range card for a huge price. Could be.

Or could be that it's not the midrange card.

4. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    why keep such a tight lid on it if they weren't worried about bad press?

5. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Mid-range is determined by price.
    Also, why call it a 680. I just think this is the best nVidia have atm.

Wonder if it will cost them sales due to people holding out on buying the so called "high-end".

Wait, AMD also have a "higher-end" coming out later. lol.

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    5 phase 256 bit does not scream high end too me. probably the same memory bandwidth as as 580 give or take. and it takes about 6ghz to get there. this screams mid range and if it beats a 7970 it could come at a hefty cost. looks like a lose lose situation for consumers.

7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    by the looks of things sofar i'll be holding onto these cards untill a DX12 GPU is released. DX12 is only a year or so away isn't it?

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I am awaiting maxwell, those should be dx 12 I guess

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, but whether it was originally meant to be mid-range or high end is still not known.

If this does release as high end i wonder what the mid-range cards will be, and how they will perform, or if Nvidia will just do what AMD have done also just not bother with mid-range.

DX12 will be years off, very likely when Windows9 appears, and rightfully so as they need to get DX11 right first.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just need a game that uses DX10 these days...

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    nah really only dx9 and dx11 being released now afaik

12. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs

True.
    Nvidia makes the GK104 the highest GPU available, hence by default it's the high end.

Is there any hard info about the GK110?
    Does it exist beyond rumor?

I suppose if it actually exists, then there's a "higher" high-end that will come along relatively soon after the 680.

-scheherazade

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The amount of DX11 games is limited aswell, why would you want to wait for a DX12 card when DX11 isn't even fully implented.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    GK104 has been rumored to be highend since last summer
    The GK110 was to be the franken card in 3q all rumored since last august.
    If you remember they said they were going to lead with lowend cards and lapbooks then keplur highend 1q but they are late on that by a few weeks....thats where i stand now since no real news at all

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    umm why buy a another dx11 when I already have enough horsepower for the foreseable future? theres nothing currently that I cant max out at 1920x1080. by then maxwell should be dx12 or whatever

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    +1:)

17. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    this is why they are gonna lead with low-end until the nex-gen console hits.
    From a business standpoint it makes sense. All of us are sitting in a graphics comfort zone so they may try to hook new users and impatient people.

But i do bet you can't run the highest quality version of FFXIV without going full-chug mode.
    You can't even max that game on quad-sli.
    It simply lacks bandwidth to do so. Being an MMO no one will take the graphics on it seriously. Samaritan is just a glimpse of what they envision the new graphics to look like.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Last i looked 4 GTX580's and 2 hexacore CPU's running 24 threads couldn't run 3D Mark 11 at extreme for an average of 60fps, so there is alot that can still be done with DX11.

Thankfully it looks like MS also realise that, so i don't see DX12 making an appearance until at least 2015, and that is only if they do a new 3 years after W8.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Exactly how did AMD copy nVidia's approach for G80 with GCN? nVidia used a VLIW4 architecture for GeForce8. GCN isn't a VLIW architecture at all. GCN is closer to what Larrabee was supposed to be, than what VLIW4 based G80 was. Even nVidia has abandoned VLIW4 for this generation. Don't see how you can relate 2 completely different architecture types......but, I've seen your other posts...

Quad SLI doesn't scale for ****.....plus it's "bottlenecked" as the kids like to say.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2015 huh, Is that confirmed? still going to wait for maxwell. for my hardware I get good scores in benches, but you cant play 3d mark 11.

@fr33k I could care less for mmo`s. I play fps games and I said theres nothing I cant max out at 1920x1080, meaning games I have. I have no way of knowing if I could max out a ramdom mmo game as I would never buy it