Windows 8 marketshare now 2.79 percent

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I guess you didnt read the thread title.
    You arent in the majority with your 'own' opinion ;)

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    My thoughts exactly, it's not rocket science. :3eyes:

3. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    At least there was a built-in way to disable Aero in win7, so the choice was yours. No reason they couldn't have kept that option in Win8.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Still prefer 7 over 8. That is 8's weakpoint to me, they did not make it compelling enough for me to switch. I dont mind it, and even prefer the non-aero look, taskmanager, less resource usage, etc, but still not enough to sway me.

If theres one thing that bugs me about 8 is its paranoic security, where you need elevated permissions to alter, add or delete anything in the C:\program folders. Progams that have been written before 8 may still use cfg files or whatever in program directory rather than Users folder, so that can be an annoyance, albeit small one (just install progams in other than C:\ and you're OK).

Of course I felt similarly about XP when I was still on Win 98. And about Vista when I was on XP. So who knows, may end up with 8 as main OS down the road.

5. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Wow, xp still has over 30% , that is unreal :)

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Happy i switched to Windows 8. Only cost my £20 after all. Runs very quick, never have any problems.

7. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    TIL Majority opinions are the only opinions.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    He turned it into an opinion for himself.
    But I did state facts :)

9. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Your facts are obviously objective opinions. I mean, I just don't understand how you feel clever here doing what you're doing. It's falling flat on its face right now, the only one grinning is you, which, I guess it feels cool to be smug calling Windows 8 "old" and calling that a "fact" but...realistically, the only reason you're getting any traction or replies at all is because what you're saying is so objectively stupid that we feel the need to show you're wrong.

But I mean, I get it, it's trolling, it's cute, you feel cool for a second, that's probably a good thing for your ego.

10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Guys please, as soon as one of these threads appear everyone goes ape!

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Um, take a look at yourself.
    I answered a post that was nothing to do with you.

Then I was asked for the facts behind my reasoning and I gave them.
    But that still isnt good enough.

You are another Windows 8 fanboy, you cant bear to hear anything said against it.

I'm annoyed with MS for making an OS in such a way that I have to take a stand against them and not purchase it, to be one of the many that want send a message to Microsoft.

I'm happy that you like it.
    You arent happy that I am not.

soz Hallryu, I'm done with it.

12. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Windows 8 was developed for the new gerneation which loves flashy large graphical interfaces over a simplistic look and GUI. welcome to the new generation thats the way for every new Electronic these days.

The Pre GUI raised people like me who are used to dos and single line 1 Color LCD don't need a Status LCD for a Fridge that has a full color 7" screen that has a screen saver.

I already dropped my partnerships with Microsoft and Paid Subscriptions we will reevaluate our position again next windows but so far Microsoft doesnt care they are on theyre own path Apple Style and the interesting part is it will succeed eventually keep cramming supposed innovation and people will buy into it eventually most people dont want to be left behind and will adapt to be in the IN group again.

13. 11001010

11001010 Guest

GPU:
    9800gtx
    Nothing wrong with 8. Great OS.

14. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Personally I don't have issues with the Windows 8 Start Screen. It took a bit of time to adjust, but once I did, it was smooth sailing from there. Hell, Ubuntu is even moving to the same direction with its Unity interface.

It's all about using the search function in your app launcher (that's basically what a start menu/screen is). It shouldn't matter the size of the app launcher, just as long as it's easy to search with, you're golden.

I'm currently running both Ubuntu 12.10 and Windows 8. They're both magnificent. I use Ubuntu as my main and Windows 8 for gaming.

deltatux

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Majority/Minority makes no difference. It's still an opinion.

16. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    Haven't tried it yet so i have nothing to say on it.
    But to me,from the little I've seen it screams for a touch screen.
    So when i get a TS Monitor I'll upgrade....

17. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Personally I can navigate the Windows 8 interface just fine.
    But that does not mean I like it or even want it.
    If Microsoft patched back in an option to use the old Start Menu(which they should), I would use that in a heartbeat.

But at present I'm just letting Windows 8 run on my laptop, and not letting it anywhere near my gaming desktop computer.

But not only do I dislike the GUI itself, I dislike Microsoft's practice here of taking away freedom and choice for users rather than expanding them, its just wrong.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, MS should "innovate" by changing nothing? lol

19. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I found it a bit strange at the beginning, didn´t like it much. Now that i´m used to it, it´s fine. It´s not a must have, neither something horrible to avoid. I think MS hit a balance between the new and the old, and although i agree it would be better off with a touch screen, i still think it´s nice.

20. gahanfrost

gahanfrost New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    Microsoft stop forcing people in to crazy ideas that we don't need stat . Too f.. drastic change.