Z77 - which one ?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by draccy, May 5, 2012.

1. draccy

draccy Guest

GPU:
    GTX570DCU II-950/1900
    So,as i have problems with my Asus P8P67 Pro,i decided to RMA it and after i receive new one sell it for cheap and move to Z77 board.
    Now,after some research i came to 2 boards..and tbh i just cant choose as they both seems to good to choose one LOL
    So,looking for community help with advises
    Here is the boards im looking at:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Intel Z77
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4139#sp

MSI Z77A-GD65 Intel Z77
    http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-GD65.html#/?div=Basic

Any input will be much appreciated :thumbup:

2. draccy

draccy Guest

GPU:
    GTX570DCU II-950/1900
    bump - no one?

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I don't have Z77 myself but am looking at one for an upgrade. I'm biased towards Asrock or Asus myself, but that is more a personal preference thing. Going by looks alone though, I think the MSI one is better :)

4. draccy

draccy Guest

GPU:
    GTX570DCU II-950/1900
    well,i was loyal to Asus since 90's,but with my last mobo P8P67 Pro i had 4 RMA's...also had very bad experience with Asus customer service..so now looking to "jump ship" :)
    Still cant decide between those 2 boards..Looks alone doesnt matter much for me,even tho i have HAF X case

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

6. draccy

draccy Guest

GPU:
    GTX570DCU II-950/1900
    hm...looks very interesting..i had only 1 Asrock mobo ever,and it isnt very good memories
    but i heard and read in forums that is not the case with current Asrock mobos..
    need to dig more info about it

7. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I have the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, it's a pretty good board. Haven't tried overclocking it though as I literally just set this baby up and have no time because of school. However, I did get a chance to look it over, it looks pretty good.

deltatux

8. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    I got the Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, was on sale at the price of a P8Z77-V, so I jumped on it. Works good so far, just figuring my way around the BIOS, and experimenting with the ASUS AI suite II. i5 3570K @4.4Ghz 1.275V.

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I just picked up an Asrock Z77 Pro4. It seemed to be the best feature to price Z77 that fit my needs.

10. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Me to, great small board, lots of features, only complain is that i could no longer connect my dvd drive since it has no IDE connector and had to buy a drive with sata connection. otherwise great board

11. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I was also looking at the GA-Z77X-UD5H and the Asus Sabertooth Z77.
    Really can't decide right now.

My last two boards where Gigabytes, though.
    Those two were the most reliable and overclocking-friendly boards i've ever had.

12. draccy

draccy Guest

GPU:
    GTX570DCU II-950/1900
    we in same boat hehe
    after looking at reviews im leaning towards Gigabyte Z77X UD5H..also in OcUK forum there is are thred dedicated to this board and it was reviewed by customer like us - and he says board is just brilliant (and he knows what he's talking)
    now will wait for payment and order will follow ;)

13. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    I don't think any of the modern motherboards come with IDE connectors anymore

14. djjonastybe

djjonastybe Master Guru

GPU:
    HD6950(70) 885/1350
    i need new motherboard in the 125-150 euro budget...

I was looking at:

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 and 6
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Asrock Z77 Fatal1ty Professional
    ASUS P8Z77-V

I was looking in this range. I was wondering which one is good for 24/7 4.5ghz/5.0ghz

I know voltages kill but my current motherboard is dying because it was little too cheap.

Asrock Extreme 4 needs better heatsinks for the mosfets so i have read. I am not sure this is true or not.

My current motherboard has its mosfets overheating above 4.1ghz lol

15. draccy

draccy Guest

GPU:
    GTX570DCU II-950/1900

from my info i got reading all stuff,its Gigabytes UD3H your should be looking,its basically UD5,just with less connectors,less LAN if im not mistaken
    so far forum people say that ocing with Gigabyte Z77 UD series is just to easy
    i dont need personally 5Ghz,i dont even think 4.6 is needed really,but that would be + for future,but again,who from us enthusiasts will keep cpu or gpu for more than 3 years lol? not me hehe,i have that ugly virus called upgraditis :nerd:

16. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Interesting, what were the problems you were having with your Asus P8P67 Pro? I bought my Asus P8P67 Pro the first day Sandy Bridge went on sale and it worked fine. I did an RMA only because of the Intel recall not due to any flaw of the motherboard itself. I receive a very nice pair of Asus ear-buds for free with zero downtime for my trouble. The 3.0 version worked fine as well and has never given me any trouble.

I have had problems with Gigabyte though I wont hold it against them. I’ll still buy a Gigabyte board.

I will point out that Asus is the only manufacturer that has an onboard Intel Thunderbolt “TB_Header” for use with an upcoming expansion card. This is for most of their Z77 lineup including the P8Z77-V LE and P8Z77-V LK. Now I know a lot of people will say “so what, Thunderbolt doesn’t amount to much now” but that doesn’t mean it wont in the near future.

I mean, I look back at some of my early motherboards that had some of the first USB ports and some of the first SATA ports and I had no need of those ports initially. I was glad that they were there later though,….

It just seems a little shortsighted to not incorporate new tech when you can during an upgrade, especially so if its not going to cost you an arm and a leg to do so.

17. draccy

draccy Guest

GPU:
    GTX570DCU II-950/1900
    my history with Asus P8P67 Pro so far:
    1st time - board didnt finish flash bios and just died in the middle of flashing - RMA
    2nd time - chipset recall
    3rd time - board just died
    4th time - now,working only 2 ram slots far from cpu,funny thing - another 2 sticks of the same memory not working if i swap them,so when i get new Z77 board,Asus board will be RMA'd and when i get new i just sell it

as for new tech - i,like many others upgrading every few year,and only what is really needed,by that time that so called new tech will get into every board and boards will be much better
    another thing - with what you will use that TB now? for me its totally pointless and its just making board cost more
    by the time we ALL really need that TB,we will have probably something like Z88 or X89 or something,if not even better,you dont really need pcie 3.0 now,as its not giving you any advantage,and again,by the time i upgrade next time,pcie 3.0 will be standart
    Its not shortsighted from some companies,just 99.99% of people dont need that new tech if you cant use it in next 2 years,so whats the point to make board cost more? by the time everybody will use this new tech you will have different board probably

18. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    ive got nothing but good things to say about my asrock board. its reliable, OC's fairly easily (with a decent amount of power phases), and has 10 sata ports and looks funky.

19. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    If you can afford the P8Z77-V, you should be able to afford the GA-Z77X-UD5H as it's cheaper than the P8Z77-V.

deltatux

20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Anand heard your question:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5793/...ith-ivy-bridge-asrock-asus-gigabyte-and-msi/1