Ivy Bridge realease date?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by kens30, Mar 28, 2012.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Being that it's Intel, I doubt we can expect the same fiasco as Bulldozer. Remember, this is just a die shrink of Sandy Bridge. Unfortunately, I was forced to order a Z77 motherboard this evening so I don't get the luxury of holding out til IB gets released to order....

2. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Why were you forced? Did someone hold a gun to your head :p?

No one would have thought what a technological blunder Netburst came to be... all products have a chance of disappointing the consumer even if it's just a minor update.

deltatux

3. Youghmama

Youghmama Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    What are you talking about, IB is released and there is already an unboxing on YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwxzS-XD-4o :cyclone:

4. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    think they took it down already and no you can't buy it anywhere yet.

*edit they fixed it now.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

6. jedispam

jedispam Guest

GPU:
    xfx 6950
    rumors that it's getting pushed back to june? :bang:

7. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    What I have seen they are no better than SB

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If you can get a 1GHz overclock on a SB and a 1GHz on IB, no doubt people will say IB is a failure. However, even if you can't clock higher you have to consider its a little faster at the same clock speed, so it isn't really a failure.

Like the majority of people buying a K processor I do plan to overclock when I purchase mine, but I'm not looking at some ridiculous uber-clocking. People shouldn't care if their i5-3570K can't hit 5GHz unless they are an enthusiast uber-clocker, most people would probably run them in the low 4GHz range from which the discussion tends to say is still very achievable (its only uber-clocking that suffers). I would much rather have an IB at 4.2GHz than a SB at 4.6Ghz, especially considering the IB at 4.2GHz will probably still be slightly faster.

9. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    The mobile CPU yes, and some I3 or I5, not the I7

10. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I agree, but tests show they are gonna be hotter than SB?? so I dunno about real clock speed vs performance. I'll only speak when I see real, final reviews.

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    It seems that the new i7-3770k will have the exact same TDP(95W) as the i7-2600k.In that case the performance should be the same.

Quote:"Why the big jump in TDP and worse overclocking performance? Well, rumors are floating around that this is due to Intel’s new 22nm process and their use of the new Tri-gate transistors. Because Tri-gate transistors are in the most basic terms, transistors flipped on their side, Intel is able to cram a whole lot more transistors into a single die. Unfortunately, due to the amount of transistors being packed on the die itself, it seems like the heat produced is being trapped and isn’t dissipating properly, which is why the new processors are such terrible overclockers." End of quote.

[​IMG][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Source: http://www.custompcreview.com/2012/04/15/intel-ivy-bridge-core-i7-3770k-box-leaked-tdp-95w/

12. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!

This would be a shame I was really hoping for a good resize of the SB chips...
    Having the same TDP doesn't mean they are better or worse performers at all.
    It just means they generate the same heat and consume the same amount of energy.
    We know that the IGP is going to be better but i'd like to know how better the CPUs are @ benchs and everyday use/productivity/gaming.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    its a die shrink it will have better clock for clock performance than SB. same performance based on same tdp? lol

14. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    yeah... after 1000+ posts he didn't learn much it seems ^^

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Had to buy a new motherboard since mine was damaged the other night. Couldn't justify spending more to get Z68 than it cost for a Z77 board.

16. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I fail to see the FORCE here, maybe it'll clear up for me after i get my 600th post.
    Will you be replacing the 2600k in your specs with an IvyBridge?

17. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    +1 to you sir.
    the "upgrade" to Z77 isn't really an upgrade it is more of a new flavored candy that you feel you gotta try but ends having bitter flavor after all the expectation ^^

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    his p67 m/b died and he was forced to buy a new one. I doubt if 6 more posts is enough for you to grasp this:)

19. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Not even 600 post and Iam starting to "get it". Forced to buy a new M/B and Z77 was his choice of poison.
    One Man's Poison is Another Man's Cure as the saying goes.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    My Z77 board was cheaper than the P67 or Z68 alternatives. Due to budget, I was "forced" to buy it. Unlike some on this forum, I don't have a seemingly unlimited budget.

And no, the i7 2600K is staying until Broadwell.