Watch_Dogs MASHUP MOD

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheCrasher, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Dvirzigel

Dvirzigel Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 970 4gb
    Any way to get rid of the fps counter?

2. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Yes!

Go to bin\ReShade\Profiles\Watch_Dogs\Global.cfg

And make the 1 a 0 on line 14.

3. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Yes a dry version would be nice ! I think I'll make another Reshade Preset for your mod. The sharpening can be greatly improved.

4. Dvirzigel

Dvirzigel Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 970 4gb
    Thanks!

5. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Newer MuzzleFlash coming in 1.5!

[​IMG]

6. Dvirzigel

Dvirzigel Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 970 4gb
    Sorry for all the questions but is there anyway that you're adding E3 tonemap thing?

7. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I might make an optional version. But I'll have to see if it'll conflict with any changes. :)

8. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Nah, it makes the bloom go insane.

9. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Did you tried it with vanilla bloom.lib?

10. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I`ll try.

11. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Also you may have to revert all bloom values in windycity.xml back to vanilla ones in order for this to work.

12. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

so far it is the best looking mod i have ever seen till now it is so close to the e3

13. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    This is the best, most complete pack i've found. Simply because it mixes almost everything else from e3 with Danvsw's Natural & Realistic lighting mod. There is just one problem. The game alone only with Danvsw's mod still looks better, more realistic than this pack (darker and stronger colors), and i feel like the only thing that causes that is the "e3 bloom" coming from every light source and making the screen bright in almost every daytime situation. Is there anyway to disable just it so i can have normal Danvsw's mod look but without losing anything from the e3 mods? Because, you know, i don't want to make my own pack just because i don't like the bloom specifically. And also how do i disable the fog? I feel like it is very demaning, since it's another thing that is present on the MASHUP pack but not in Danvsw's mod and for some reason the MASHUP pack runs noticeably worse so it may be the cause.

14. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    If you berid the game of bloom and fog, you'd just get a game that looks similar to e3 lite v2 with no fog.

The bloom really ties the "graphical enhancement" together, being integral to some of the shots.

Maybe in the future I will make updates to this, but not in the near future, due to recovering from a major spine surgery making me bedridden.

I also apologize for the extreme sharpening, I have an astigmatism in both eyes, so the high sharpening looks fine to me.

15. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    Spine surgery??? At like what, 17 years old?!?! What happened?

Now talking about the modding:

Nevermind, i figured it out myself.

Actually it was pretty simple: first, of course, i learned to open the patch files. Then what i did was literally copy and paste Danvsw's Natural & Realistic lighting mod files over your pack, so its characteristics should prevail, and also remove "bloom.lib" file. Now i have all of the other e3 mods but with Danvsw's visuals. Detail: i used the "Dry" (vannilla weather cicle) version since it gets annoying if it's always raining when i exit the safehouse, and graphics look outstanding already even without all the rain details.

I also mixed his Reshade preset with yours, and trust me, now it's as good as it could get. All i did was mix your sharpness setting with his color correction setting on the same preset (but i didn't include anything else, like your e3 green tint, which in my opinion makes everything far less realistic).
    And i disabled Reshade's SMAA, also disabling any in-game AA and enabling FXAA only through Nvidia CP, since in my opinion it removes jaggies better than any other form of low-cost AA you can get in-game and is not really that blurry.

About the bloom, i think it's far from making the graphics better or realistic. All it does is get the visuals closer to e3, but that doesn't mean it's better this way. The color aurea is too big and strong in my opinion and like i said before, it makes the screen almost entirely brighter when compared to Danvsw's mod only, i even did some comparison shots myself and there is not way the game looks better nor realistic with the bloom.

About the sharpening, i think it looks exactly as it should, definitively not exaggerated.

One more thing: The performance, as i said, is noticeably better with Danvsw's settings (no fog) so it's pretty much confirmed that it's it what causes the performance loss. And i honestly prefer it that way, since the fog is a little buggy (it suddenly "spawns" when you exit indoors and i can notice it) and overral it hides a lot of detail, including on city background. It's just unrealistic. Maybe it's nice for screenshooting.

16. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I was born with congenital scoliosis.

17. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    The performance is bad on Ultra mainly because of the increased LOD distances & Reflection quality. You can just take a few files from Danwsv's mod and put it in Crasher's mod.

For bloom & fog copy these files:
    generated\databases\generic\bloom.lib
    generated\databases\generic\environmentfog.lib
    worlds\windy_city\generated\windy_city.game.xml

If the lighting or sky looks weird also copy these:
    generated\databases\generic\environmentlighting.lib
    generated\databases\generic\sky.lib
    generated\databases\generic\clouds.lib

For better performance copy this file:
    engine\settings\defaultrenderconfig.xml

18. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    look cool, gonna try this

19. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    Thank you! I already solved the performance problem by just overwriting files, but now i know exactly which files and i can mess up a bit more with them =]

Now talking about the bloom, let me correct myself.

It is NOT what causes the screen to be brighter and more unrealistic when comparing the MASHUP pack to Danvsw's mod. I just put the MASHUP bloom.lib file to test and, while i can see the bloom coming from small light sources again, the game overral looks the same, leading to the conclusion that it must be the fog what caused that (one more reason to keep it off).

But i still prefer it without bloom (Danvsw's bloom.lib), because the game anyway looks more realistic this way, especially talking about the "door" bloom coming from outsides. With the MASHUP file it gets too overkill, and breaks the natural feeling of Danvsw's mod.

@TheCrasher - I recommend uploading an alternative pack made the way i did, for more realism and less "e3", optionally.

20. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    [​IMG]

look really cool ! i didnt try the reshade part since i have my own, but its pretty good, the DOF is a bit aggressive but its perfect for filming/screenshoting

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016