Stalker Call of pripyat, is it a good game?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jul 19, 2013.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Stalker can go down past DX9 mode (8.1 or 7 I think), it looks really basic but at least you can play it.

Fantastic game by the way, best of the 3.

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Strange, Stalker Call Of Pripyat runs ubber smooth fully maxed.

Recently bought and installed the previous Stalker Clear Sky. It's laggy as hell even when fully patched.

Only when looking up at the sky it's smooth otherwise it's unplayable. I've got a heavily overclocked 3Gb GTX 580, there is no reason for it to lag. Any ideas?

Even when lowering settings to the absolute minimum it's still laggy.

3. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    This is a terrific game. There are some excellent modes too. Ferrum, Complete and SGM 2.2

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think the biggest culprit in clear sky is the Ssao and sun shafts and I don't think In-game AA works, so don't bother turning it on.

Also, not bragging, but Clear Sky is running smooth as at my end when maxed out, SSAO and Sunshafts are on... High, maybe medium. Mind you that's with sli on.

My two cents of COP:
    Only played up to the part where you locate some downed choppers, then got bored, as I found cop to feel empty with none of the previous two game's atmosphere, so stopped playing.

If it gets better, then please, do let me know.

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Hmm, it's a hate or love it game. In my opinion, the game improves once you get into Pripyat. You are still very early into the game.

With regards to atmosphere, the first Stalker is the best.