is it me, or i really find diablo 3 lacking in some departements!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 9, 2012.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    It's just you :D.

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    What the **** were you expecting? You think D2 had good graphics? No, that game was ugly as sin.

Compare the graphics of D2 to:

The Sims
    Deus Ex
    Thief 2

I get it, these games aren't the same, but graphics hardware could do a lot more than D2 brought to the table, which is one of the reasons everyone loved it so much, because they could play it even though their parents wouldn't buy them a nice PC.

Here's the requirements for D2 by the way.

DirectX™ compatible video card

Which practically means: Ability to display video.

I don't know where you got off thinking D3 was going to be some revolution in gaming graphics, Blizzard has never ever done that, that's not their thing.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Still, i think it looks great.

4. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Diablo... rpg? Diablo never was an RPG :p

5. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    I still play Nethack/SLASH'EM and consider their gameplay to be a thousand fold better than any game today.

Similarly as many have pointed out, Diablo 3 shouldn't be judge on graphics alone, Its about a quick hack_&_slash game with fast combat mechanics and mainly about the loot you find in the game.

Also that is one of the reason why Blizzard has setup auction houses, -> LOOT <- being the main element.

(ignoring the fact that, I really hate the sad changes to skills and the existence of auction houses)

6. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i think so too, but it has a niche of its own. i liked the dark, medieval, artsy look of the series and i'm glad they didn't stray too far from that. it looks good in an artsy perspective, but not in a "technically" good kind of perspective. really subjective to be honest, so i can't blame others if they think it sucks :p

7. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I wish they'd stop trying to make cute video games too. There's no appeal for hardcore gamers anymore.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Actually, i think D3 is the best looking ARPG of all times, can't think of a better looking game of this genre.

9. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    PC snobs are the scurge of the gaming community.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've only had the chance to play the Diablo III beta for four hours in total during the stress test a few weeks back but that was enough to convince me of this game's worth. I have never played the previous games so I have nothing to compare them to (for better or worst) but what I saw looked terrific and the game was ridiculously addictive. Somehow I doubt I'll be disappointed with it unless it's only six hours long or something. I don't generally get excited for games these days unless they're Skyrim or Oblivion (well, I am 45) but this one has me eagerly anticipating its release. I'm literally counting the hours until 15th...

And the visuals looked great to me. My only gripe was not being able to change the camera angle and the limited zoom options (the default is too close and the only other option is to zoom in even nearer!).

11. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Look up Torchlight 2 as well. It is from some of the original devs behind Diablo 1 and 2 if you are interested in an ARPG

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    LOL at this thread. Thanks for the morning laugh. :D

And thats the only reason the game took off like it did. Lets be real here, if it was from some of the original devs behind Ratchet and Clank, the game would of gone nowhere.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the character animations are way too cartooney , as i mentioned the body interactions are really bad, things like this should have been redone in a better way, the textures.........the gameplay seems boring and uninterested

14. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

To each their own, but I just don't agree with you. I think the game looks and plays great and is a ton of fun, especially with friends. But, not every game appeals to everyone so there are plenty of others games to play if this isn't your thing.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

Character animations
    - D3 is a fantasy game set in a made up realm. This gives Blizzard the creativity to do whatever they want with certain things. Animations are too cartooney, you say. to a certain degree, yes. But it's all fantasy. They didn't go for realistic animation. Still, animations are a lot more realistic and varied than D2 ever had. Or any other ARPG, really.

Textures - yes, they're not super high res and there's no tessellation. But I just don't care. I can play a game without top notch textures. Yes, I would appreciate better textures, but it really doesn't bother me. Gameplay comes first, believe it or not.

Gameplay seems boring and uninterested - this just tells me that you never played the beta and you're judging this game on a video you've seen on youtube. Even then, what's boring to you is fun to millions. ARPGs aren't here to be creative and have mind blowing features. They're actually quite repetitive most of the times. But that's exactly what we ARPG gamers like. I ran through Sacred 2 countless times. I mean I sank hundreds of hours into the same world doing the same quest line over and over, only on a higher difficulty every time to get better loot.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Diablo was always an RPG....as are most games.

It devs catered to "hardcore gamers"....there'd be no gaming industry anymore.

Face it...."hardcore gamers" are few and far between. The vast majority of the gaming market is made up of "casual gamers".

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    i suggest you Google what RPG means ;)

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Pretty much this.

If we didnt have diversity, the gaming market would be worse off than it is.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    to me the animations and interactions wrecked the feeling of buying this game , and u can see many others on this thread agree with the game being dumbed down to a more arcady style rpg to suite others.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ??? Diablo is an action rpg! It's simplified but also, if you want to be a top player it's got a lot of depth.