Xbox One to restrict Skype to Xbox Live Gold members

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 9, 2013.

1. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    duh you act like you just joined here yesterday we feed on hate :rpg:

2. scope

scope Guest

GPU:
    2 x 7970 Sapphire OC
    Everybody says "unbelievable", "facepalm" etc, and in the end MS will be thousand times richer, because it`s convenient and because of foolish people.
    So, it is calculated and everyone knows that there will be paid services like this one...

The only way to succeed is that no one pays...

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If you want rainbows lollipops and unicorns about the Xbone go to the Xbox forums here the truth is reported and the truth is M$ is money hungry and they don't care what part of their customer base they piss off as they are noting more than revenue to them.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Honestly the next gen consoles can kiss my ass. They are simply under powered. 8 cores (basically 4 modules with two threads each) operating at 1.8GHz and a crappy GPU that is the equivalent to a 7850 but stripped down to save on power consumption and heat. Our PC's from two years ago in terms of raw processing power destroy these machines. Sure they will be better optimized but and because of x86 and more cores being used we PC gamers will get better performance out of ports than ever before. Developers are having to scale back graphics in games already to 720p to maintain 60fps in games or sacrifice AA for frame rate for better graphics. I shall just buy a 4770K and a Sabertooth motherboard near xmas and then a second 7970 in the new year and be happy for the next two-three years if not longer. Hate on me all you want, I don't care. Consoles do bring ease of use yes, but they also bring restrictions and they stagnate the industry with their fixed hardware for around ten years. Even the mobile smartphone and tablet chips are reaching unheard of levels of performance. Whilst consoles will be fixed for ten years PC and mobile will continue to progress. I shall only buy a PS4 once its like £150 for the first party games and that is it.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Consoles will always been under power from the day there announced they are already OLD tech nothing new about this will never changed.

The only thing we can hope is they do real 1080p with some sorta of AA and min of 30FPS at all times 60FPS preferred.

I swear if console games things gen make my eyes bleed with sub HD res with no AA and ridiculous framerate drops. I will be done I also not fan of this BS we have to pay for for online gaming when the pc version of that same game is gona be free.... I Blame MS and all the drones that pay for online multiplayer on console when those same games that came out the PC where free to play online. MMO are one thing to put sub on but not Single player games with online gaming features.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I think paying a sub for a single game is ridiculous. I don't understand people that pay subs for MMOs. If I have to pay a subscription that money better allow me to play all my games.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    What you need to pay for on the console is free on the PC end is that fair? MMO are the only acceptation and most of them these days are f2p with option to sub and heavy on cash shop.

IMO MMO are only games that should have sub to play cause there away being changed/patch and added on weekly basis. 99% of console are not. DLC is not the same as MMO's constantly changing

Xbox people are the ones that are to blame for this we have to pay to play online on the console now, while pc verison of same game is free. But they will defend all this to there death.

SKye Free on PC to use server have never been but MS want EVERYONE to pay to just use it. Last gen they nickle and dime us on game via DLC content already on the game disc, this gen they gona nickle and dime for features on system that free for pc people. People really have to blind or something to put up with that ****.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    PC users getting free online service is fair because people can create their own servers if they really feel like it.

While I have never used a subscription based game, I think they would be a good way to curtail piracy. I just feel that such games should be free to download, where the only paid DLC would be new worlds or any new features that don't give you an unbalanced advantage (such as new textures).

The interesting thing is if all games, not just MMOs, were subscription based or pay-as-you-play, then the need for anti-piracy DRMs could be eliminated and there would be no point in trading games, because you just simply stop playing it when you don't want it anymore.

An interesting idea I just thought of right now is if people were charged a little bit more for an XBL account and you got a certain amount of credits, lets say 30 for a standard subscription. AAA titles would cost you 10 credits, where you could basically play any 3 AAA games you want for the entire month. Credits could carry over throughout the months, so if you don't happen to spend them, it's not a problem. If you want to permanently own the game, then that could cost all 30 of your credits.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Xbox people aren't the ones to blame, its the always online world we now live in. Where do you think the money comes from to keep all these servers online? Friends lists, Retail/DLC downloads, Apps, etc... these things cost Microsoft/Sony money to keep this stuff available to its users 24/7.
    Why do you think Sony is now charging for their online service?

10. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    They charge for it simply because they saw how the stupid Xbox owners paid for it and what a gold mine it was for Microsoft

Most games use peer to peer, that won't change. The money will just go straight into Sony's pocket

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    There the first ones to put up with it MS got away with now the rest are following suit

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Pretty much. I miss the days when console specs were drool worthy.

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    A lot of MMO players would rather pay a sub than suffer a F2P or even B2P model. There are various reasons for it and it would probably result in taking this thread way off topic. I'd be happy to discuss it in another thread however should one be made.