Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Only downsampling is and will be filtered. Upscalee will always use nearest point filtering, sorry.

2. osterac

osterac Member

GPU:
    AMD radeon 4890 1GB
    True, but it would be nice if I didn't have to have a yet another background process running all the time. That and the fact that D3D overrider is only included in Rivatuner, which is no longer made.
    Edit: Plus D3D overrider refuses to start most of the time for me.

Oh, OK I guess that makes sense. I was trying to stop any program from taking the refresh rate any higher than 60 Hz but I guess that's not the point of the overrider.

Edit: One thing that would be cool to have with the statistics server is the ability to start and kill exe and bat files on the start and close of applications, with arguments. I use various tools along with some of my games, and for some games, game-specific tools are needed. It would be pointless to keep these running all the time, though. Radeonpro had something like this with it's scripting tool, but I no longer have a radeon card.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  3. smp

smp Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7770
    Is it possible to add an option to control the ZeroCore feature on Radeon 7xxx cards? ZeroCore is causing multiple issues, so this could be useful for Radeon 7XXX owners.

4. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Hows about adding notebook support.

5. CyberDemonVZ

CyberDemonVZ Guest

GPU:
    MSI N570GTX M2D12D5
    Idea for Logitech LCD keyboard owners:
    Add "Recording" text or icon to Logitech keyboard display, and option to turn off pink circle on screen when recording.

EDIT: I have just noticed (2.2.0. Beta 14) that you cannot select "Print screen" key as Screen capture hotkey.
    Is that on purpose, or can it be implemented?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  6. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Hi, i'm currently using a notebook with switchable graphic. My problem is that when i switched to integrated GPU or vice versa, i need to restart AB to redetect my GPU.

My request is that, can you make an option in the tray menu to reinitialize AB without the need of restarting it?

7. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Hi for All I wish that MSI afterburner will support, in next version :
    - CPU temperature/ usage
    -- Cores temperature and usage

8. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Plugin support is planned, but already possible to write into OSD via shared memory (Aida64, HWInfo, etc).

Notebooks are not supported yet (if ever).

9. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    Not really worth mentioning since I know you're probably already working on it, but could use some better support/UI for the Kepler features ;)

10. Notoxic

Notoxic Guest

GPU:
    Club 3D HD7970
    I have no clue if its even possible, but it would be really awesome to see option that will monitor the FPS in games and then down-clock or over-clock the card on the fly, to stay near or at 60 FPS. This will help reduce the power draw , keep the card cooler , and will increase lifespan of the card. Something like on the new GTX 680.

Anyways , i want to say Thanks! For what you did already guys!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

11. Licaon

Licaon Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti-OC
    you have these options already:
    1. via MSI Afterburner -> RTSS -> Options -> Frame limiter: 60

2. via nVidia Drivers using NVInspector -> Advanced options -> Global Profile -> Frame Limiter -> 60 ( or 59/588 for inpul lag compensation)

12. XavSNT

XavSNT Guest

GPU:
    MSI gtx 570
    hello.

do you think if it would be possible to include an overclocking profile for each program or each video game with Afterburner automatically applying the profile when the user launches the program ?

It does exist for nvidia drivers for instance in the nvidia control panel where you can select general settings and specific settings for each program. That would be great because sometimes I definitely need overclocked frequencies like when I want to play battlefield 3 but for other games that are less demanding, I don't really need that and I'd rather reduce energy consumption. Of course, I already do it manually thanks to kb shortcuts but I think It would be useful.

thanks.

13. bener

bener Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTS 360M 1GB
    A Simple Wish

Hi,
    Before all else MSI Afterburner is a great app. But I have a simple problem on the "Settings" window layout. Because the "Settings" window so tall and it can't fit to into my screen. I'm using a notebook that is 15,6" and 1366x768 resolution. Therefore i can't see the tab headers and can't change tab to other. Please fix layout on the settings window.
    Thanks a lot

14. electrus

electrus Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 HawX Talon
    Hi, I really like MSI afterburner. Especially the recording feature.
    Would it be able to choose the bitrate of the audio recording?
    Because now it records at 3072kbps, which is too much.
    256 AAC would be enough.

Thanks in advance.

15. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Unfortunately, it is unlikely this will be changed... MSI Afterburner is intended for desktops running MSI graphics solutions. Nootbooks were never in the targeted demographic, and as such, any such solution would be unsupported.

16. Atom_Anti

Atom_Anti Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6620G
    Hi,

Is the next version can get overclocking support for AMD Llano integrated graphics?
    With the latest beta version I could overclock my 6620G from 444MHz to 457MHz. Even this little overclock managed measurable difference (+23 points in 3DMark 11 and +234 points in 3DMark2003).
    Unfortunately with the current version I cannot manage higher frequency while the hardware could take lot lot more...
    Believe me, adding this feature you could bring happy time for many people:)

17. bener

bener Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTS 360M 1GB
    I think you understand me wrong. I didn't say about notebook graphics. I just want only that the "Settings" window to be a little shorter?

18. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    I understood you. The problem is your notebook's resolution (which is lower than the average desktop) is too low to view the entire window. Since the product is targeted at desktops, I do not foresee a change to its window size in the near future.

19. homefry

homefry Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX470
    When you check the "apply overclocking at system startup", it always applies the last selected profile during shutdown.

I'd like an option to select which exact number profile to apply at windows startup. I have several profiles for different games/benches that I load and it will load the wrong profile sometimes.

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

This. However I guess it depends on how the game handles the cursor (for example, I can record the cursor just fine on osu!, but I don't think I can see the cursor on Dota 2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.