WMPNetworksvc

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by DJ Spoonfed, Jan 7, 2007.

1. DJ Spoonfed

DJ Spoonfed Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7800 GT
    HI, I'm having problems getting my computer to allow my Xbox360 access to my library ever since I updated to WMP11.

I've narrowed the problem down to two errors that occur when the WMPNetworksvc attempts to start, and are listed in the event viewer. They are as follows

Error WMPNetworksvc 14349
    A new media server was not initialized because the Windows Media Delivery Engine did not initialize due to error '0x800700b7'. Restart your computer, and then restart the WMPNetworkSvc service. If the problem persists, reinstall Windows Media Player if possible.

Error WMPNetworksvc 14353
    A media delivery engine with ID '0' was not initialized due to error '0x800700b7' when adding the URL 'http://+:10243/WMPNSSv3/1013931911/'. Restart your computer, and then restart the WMPNetworkSvc service. If the problem persists, reinstall Windows Media Player if possible.

I'm pretty sure that this is the reason I can't share my media properly. Unfortunately, MS' own help and support pages have no information that I can find, I've spent hours trolling the internet looking for information on these errors, but to no real useful avail.

If there's anyone who can make some sense of these errors, or how I might be able to correct them, I would be uber-grateful.