Anyone given up smoking? And is Vaping?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    I rekon you'll do well on 6mg sub ohm.

It's a different kettle off fish when sub ohm vaping. You can't go high with the nicotine as it'll blow your head off. But I went from 1-2 packs a day smoker to 18-24mg vaper down to 3 mg. Talk to someone in your lacal vape shop.

3mg is very low, and I am very supprised am cool with it.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea all liquids can be used with any device.

I can recommend the one I have, Innokin Endura T18.

It's a complete starter pack with pen-like device and am still using it, no problems with it.
    You just need to order replacement coils but they cost less than EUR a piece.
    Based on the liquid you use and your vaping habits a single coil will last for a week to fortnight, give or take.

Also I can wholeheartedly recommend vaping in general, definitely try it out!

Haven't smoked a cigarette since the switch :)

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks, I'll look into it!

Actually there aren't local vape shops here. Well, dunno maybe some in Southern Finland but you can't buy nicotine liquids in Finland atm.

The liquid nicotine is considered a medicine and as such cannot be sold in retail.

Plenty of Finnish e-tailers are available though, luckily, which operate and ship from abroad.

4. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017

5. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Not strickley true.

Some liquids have higher VG like 70vg/30pg. They are used for sub ohm tanks/ coils. And you can't use them for above ohm coils.

6. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Not sure if they'll ship to you. But I think you can talk to them via live chat. Should help with any questions.

You could also join some facebook groups as well.

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I've stopped smoking for over two years now and I couldn't be happier. It's the little things like being able to smell things fully. Lower heart beat and better blood flow. Basically all the stuff you don't noticed when you first quit then wonder why you feel the same.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Ah ok, thanks! Wasn't aware there were such restrictions, all liquids I've seen thus far say "suitable for all vaping devices".

Yeah chat/e-mail works and there's similar service available for the e-tailer I use (Finnvape) and surely others as well.

Actually I received a "membership" card for Vaper's Club Finland after ordering from Finnvape a couple of times :D

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Entertaining reading...... The only study that showed that vapor from an e-cig contains carcinogens, was funded by several large tobacco companies. The same ones that have tried to have every product intended to help smokers quit, banned from sale. In the study, which you can find in the New England Journal of Medicine, was improperly conducted, within the guidelines set forth by the tobacco companies, requiring e-cigs to be operated at unsafe power levels, using known toxic components. Those products are no longer being produced.

For any medical professional to even claim that the air we breath is safe, should lead one to question that "professional's" qualifications considering the number of carcinogens found in the air we breath.

For anyone to claim that any product inhaled into the body is safe, would be negligent. Even nasal sprays that are commonly recommended to alleviate nasal congestion aren't safe to use. To reference any study done within the US on any product, whether it be for vaping, food or medical use, is ignorance at it's best. The FDA declared saccharine to be safe....yet, it's been linked to numerous diseases, even in quantities deemed safe by the FDA. When metabolized, saccharine becomes toxic to the human body. The FDA has also relaxed testing requirements for drugs recently.... The FDA is a joke and a poor source of any information. Much like the rest of the US Gov't, they want to regulate as much of our lives as they can, even resorting to scare tactics to convince people that FDA regulation is a good thing.

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    There is a big vape shop right by my flat so ill pop in over the weekend so i can check them out and pick a nice flavour :)

11. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Started in 1995 at age 15, quit in 2008. I used the patch and the lozenge together for a couple of weeks, then went to the lower patch, then dropped the patch. I keep the lozenge up for way too long. I have a serious oral fixation that I eventually had to replace with sugar free gum. I started lifting weights and jogging in 2010 and I'm enjoying living a healthy lifestyle. I also stopped all drinking and partying, so I'm a lame straight-edge dad.

Admittedly, have an on-off addiction to Affrin was probably what caused it, but I've only got about 10% of my sense of smell left. Sadly, I still smell all the bad stuff, I just can't smell sweet smells anywhere near as well as I used to. Also I get upper respiratory infections really easily, so I have to make judicious use of Guaifenesin to keep my chest colds from turning into really nasty pneumonia.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you're not currently a smoker or using a vape.....don't start vaping. If you are vaping to quit smoking, you should be reducing your nicotine level until you reach zero, and then focusing on quitting vaping.

Nasal sprays can result in nasal and respiratory infections when used over long periods of time. The recommendation is to use nasal sprays for no longer than 7 days, but if you have a need to use a nasal spray for that long, you should probably be seeing a doctor for the issue anyway.

Remember, nothing done in excess is healthy....

13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Personally, before even researching those links I already knew it's not fully safe due to how it affected me. No-one needs to tell me anything. I've already stated my own experience with vaping and I stand by my conclusions that it's great for saving money and as a smoking replacement (which is how I was using it).

However, it had an effect on my lungs and tongue after doing it for 7 months and I stand by that statement.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I personally wouldn't bother with Vaping either. If you are going to quit, then quit. We still don't understand the long term damage it can do.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    This. Saying that, a LOT of people quit smoking after switching to vaping. Either way, good luck to all trying to quit.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I replaced smoking with jogging after I quit. The brain releases the same endorphins that you get from smoking.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The effects you described can be attributed to a PG allergy which appears to be quite common.

Vaping should not be used as a smoking replacement. Vaping should only be used as a nicotine cessation method much like the nicotine patches, gum and lozenges.

The same could be said of the nicotine patches, gum and lozenges....lol I tried to follow the instructions for the nicotine patches and ended up having a damn seizure (which is actually one of the documented side effects). The nicotine gum can cause gum disease, among other problems....as can the lozenges.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well, you can't really go for a 5 minute jog while at work 10 times a day. Doesn't work like that in real life.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I've tried both myself. Didn't take me long before I started smoking again. The patches and gum are a kind of addiction in themselves because you can become reliant on using them to stop the cravings for months. Plus the nicotine is directly absorbed in to the blood stream, which can't be good.

20. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    The British Medical Association have concluded that vaping is 95% safer than smoking cigs.
    A heart surgeon in Canada also supports the use of vaping. Infact he even owns a vape shop.
    It has also been concluded that nicotine is no more harmfull than say caffine. And is no more addictive as caffine.
    But at the end of the day people still need to keep studying the effects of it, and moving forward instead of saying wrong info published 10 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.