Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Hopefully they make proper use of PC and Directx 11, and have a 64-bit version like the original Farcry all those years ago and make use of the extra ram potential for better visuals...

Unlikely!

2. ibitato

ibitato Guest

is it using dunia engine again or something else ?

3. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Me too, although I also hope they learn from it's flaws and provide more variety and plot elements to drive the story as well as fix that godawful insta-respawning enemies problem everyone (justly) complains about.

tbh that gameplay vid has me completely sold, I'd seriously pre-order right now with no more info than we have. So many games to look forward to! I should make a list so I don't forget, it's gotta be like 20 or sthg lol

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Wicked, can't wait for it! The previous far cry 2 was 5hit, played it for 30 mins and uninstalled, never played it since.

Part one was amazing. Looking forward to part 3 since it looks like the original...

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I enjoyed FC1 and 2 will be deffo taking alook at this.
    Only thing i didnt like about fc2 was the respawning of enemies at checkpoints once you had shot them,other than that it was great.

6. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Eh... everyone wanted Far Cry 2 to be more like Far Cry 1, and now you're saying "they want more money". Can't please everyone I suppose.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Far Cry 2 was rubbish; boring gameplay and samey orange-tinted visuals. Definitely a disappointment after the enjoyable first game. Far Cry 3 looks visually more interesting for sure, I can only hope that the gameplay is up to scratch this time round.

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Far Cry 1 also had various types of gameplay and a very big single player campaign. Who wants to pay so much for a 5 hour game only to be left with a multiplayer game that you can't really just play for half an hour at a time?!

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Looks like a crappy crysis 1 clone.
    for me far cry games died after crytek left, ubisoft is just trying to piggy back off the name.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well, i'm hoping after that scripted helicopter crash, your stranded in an open world jungle.

Wishful thinking, but it might be true.

11. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Guys, did you see behind the graphics for just one damn second?
    I mean that gameplay was stunning! Yeah, its most likely scriped and context-sensitive,
    but damn, that dude wrecked havok like hell... watching that one for shure.

Ah, btw, did i ever tell you the definition of insanity?

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yay, its still open world, and spans 2 islands.

And best news, so far SP is their focus :)

13. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    After that dev interview this is deffinatly on my 1 to watch list, it really looks like it's going back to Far cry 1 style.

14. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I liked Far Cry 2 --- my only real complaint was the insta respawning - other than that it was allot of fun. It definitely was geared towards someone that enjoys an open world and some minor RP elements, but still a good straight up shooter too as long as you don't expect an on rails non stop action crap fest (COD anyone). I spent somewhere around 70 hrs on it in 2 playthroughs, so it couldn't have been that bad. lol A couple flaws for sure, but show me a game that's perfect and I'll sell you a "genuine" diamond ring too! :p

15. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    SP focus is nice :) open world on a tropical island :banana:

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    probably an enhanced version.

Open world is great, islands are not, why not a mountain forest?? huge with different weather effects, higher the mountain you get snow, lower you get sun..

this island sh!t is starting to get boring, i loved the Africa idea from FarCry 2, different.

17. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    I've got the feeling the same would have happened with crytek. Oh wait! Crysis 2 is a dull rail shooter!.......
    Even though I was disappointed with Far Cry 2, at least is was better than Crysis 2......

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yep here it is in HD

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-far-cry-3/715156

Awesome gameplay footage, makes me laugh when noobs on GT say in the comments "Oh no I need to upgrade my PC"... LOL this is obviously the Dunia engine, but this time with color. It will run perfectly fine on current hardware, if it runs on consoles it will on PC. Just look at the poor textures in the video and lack of AA as well. Also notice the console version has tearing :) (obviously that might change upon release, be at least we PC gamers can force Vsync :p )

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Are you serious?

Crysis 2 may have been a dumbed down console version of Crysis set in a city but it was still an epic game, full of great set pieces, gameplay, enviroments, graphics, and a somewhat half decent storyline. It also seem as though they are taking their time with the DX11 patch which means decent optimization.

Far Cry 2, was a seriously dull shooter, no color, repawing checkpoints, massive boring open map with no variety, and a seriously dull storyline. The only thing I liked from Far Cry 2 was the engine, very well optimized, and with come color could of looked great too. FC3 looks like it will be what FC2 should of been.

20. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    If they have learnt from the mistakes of Far Cry 2, this could be a great game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.