Sim City 6 (2013)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Virtue, Oct 5, 2012.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    i need this game in my life! can't wait.

2. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    Origin ?! Nooooo... !

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I’m really looking forward to this, unfortunately the online side of it sounds off putting, but it will depend if it’s implemented well.

On a plus note, and it does mean I can install it on both PC’s and my GF’s laptop and play the game no matter where I am, which does sound very handy for a game like this.

My main complaint seems to be that it’s ridiculously expensive for even retail versions, and I just won’t pay anymore than £30 for a game, no matter how good, or how much value it may, or may not bring.

Will be interesting to see how well it sells considering it sounds like there will be zero piracy, unfortunately I don’t’ think there is a huge market for games like this anymore, even on the PC.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800

5. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    No subways nor highways. Take that, wabbit!

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/77042/why-youll-never-lose-in-simcity

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Sounds pretty similar to SC4, big cities are riddled with traffic problems and pollution, even with no heavy industry.

What happened in 4 if you became flat broke? Never had that because I wasn't stupid at the game.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yes the comments on the above article also remarked on how it's still similar in setup to the earlier installments only maybe it's a bit less harsh here so it's easier to recover after getting into a difficult situation.
    (Can still get into a lot of trouble though as I understood the article itself.)

9. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Maxis defending always-on DRM
    http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/The-Benefits-of-Live-Service

Also, some quotes from Reddit AMA (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/14umm1/we_are_the_simcity_dev_team_from_maxis_amaa/c)

Of course that doesn't explain why they don't just make an offline part where that whole "affecting the region" stuff is stripped out.

I'm not interested in it anyway but I hope it gets cracked. Just to show EA/Maxis that it would have been easily possible to get it working offline.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The same reason Blizzard didn't with Diablo 3, they realise nearly everyone is always online, and the reality is that it won't affect sales in any noticeable way.

I have nothing against this in principal, but it rarely works for me.

I doubt I will be getting it though, very expensive and the only reason I would pay that would be if me and the GF could account share (same house, probably even same PC)

11. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    I hate the small cities, no terraforming, and no subways etc. much more than anything.

Definitely waiting on reviews, SimCity 4 is still awesome.

12. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    Sweet! beta is now available, downloading now :) So excited

13. Blood487

Blood487 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Direct CUII 580(SLI)
    Was playing the beta earlier! :D

Only problem is, the beta has a 1 hour timer. Once it's over, your city gets wiped.

You can play it again, but you have to start from the begining.

I guess they're making it online only due to piracy maybe?

Can't wait for this game! I've NEVER been a fan of Sim City, but I thought I'd try out the beta and I have to say....I'm absolutely hooked!

Hopefully someone brings out a fix which removes the timer, and I'll be as happy as a bunny in a carrot patch...

14. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    How about no? There's actually **** worth buying on Origin? Origin has piss poor deals and it's useless. Also there are way better DD services then Origin..... other then Steam.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  15. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    D3 launch is a disaster. Many ppl in our region could not log on to the game for hours and days. Those that logged on got kicked out in 30 min. This is why ppl hate always on DRM because there are so many things that will affect the connection, on both ends and the middle too.

16. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
  17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Dumbest thing! How can they expect (its still a closed beta!!) you can beta test this game within 1h playing!? Absolut kidding...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  18. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    Yeah i was a bit disappointed that it only lets you play for an hour, also a lot of the buildings are locked :(

It's more of a demo for us really, and EA get to check their servers.

The cities are too small, it's way too easy to make money, the performance is up and down (new drivers needed i guess), and the road placement is still a bit buggy. Apart from all that i loved it, the interface is clean and well presented, the data layers are great, and the sound design is fantastic.

A little worried about the city size as i was able to fill the map quite easily and have a pretty nice city going within the hour, however with most of the higher tier buildings locked, you are unable to specialize and force the city to grow the bigger high rises. Although saying that, i believe the compact city will mean layout and placement of buildings will be more important later in the game to get the most out of your city.

19. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    I thought that was Sim City 5, anyway, never really played SC before, and I guess, will give it a try.

20. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650

although i also don't like the 'always-online' req't for D3, the need for it in D3 is still a lot different from SC. I would say it's acceptable for D3, but not in SC.