Hackers Targeting Diablo III Players

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, May 22, 2012.

1. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Yeah, although I did have a strong dislike for Skyrim and let my friends know all about it. Don't really know what there is to hate about Diablo 3 as a game though, seems like a solid hack and slash with atleast some storyline/sense of progression.

2. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    So if everyone did that then this whole "Diablo 3 accounts have been hacked" thing would never have happened? That solution sounds a little too simple to be honest.

3. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    So you're saying that people can either like it or pretend not to like it.

Maybe, just maybe...they have a good reason to now like the game.

Like say, um, extremely short campaign, no LAN, no offline, DRM that causes all sorts of problems, hacking...etc etc etc

You Blizzard fanboys really are insane.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I wonder how many of those are legitimate complaints vs people who just want free gold.

5. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    No worse than BF3 right? My mates account has been hacked twice in the space of a fortnight...

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    4 or 5 ppl with Authenticator got "hacked"

Among hundreds of thousands of players,
    I would expect few of them got phished by their own family members :D

Every single one of my irl friends got hacked in WoW,
    yet I somehow failed to do the same.
    Go figure...

7. Erqury

Erqury Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Forget this game and get torchlight 2 , created by the original developers of diablo 1 and 2.

They extended beta till thursday, only $20 on steam and you get the dirt game for free with it.

Enjoying the beta and it has LAN and offline single player, all the things you want in diablo 3

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    its only diablo and we all know how hack resistant the first 2 game where....... imo d3 is over hyped the first one was good, I didnt care for the 2nd , and the third looks ugly my pc standards, looks like something i expect from consoles

9. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    If Wow account /battle.net are so much scammed, hacked, im not surprised to see the same thing with Diablo3 ..

It is too needed to see if peoples who have been scammed in Diablo3 have not their account Battle.net / WOW etc allready compromised before Diablo3.

The problem with Battle.net or other MMO protection is basically, hacker /scammers have a lot of known technic without even have to hack Blizzard account systems..

Ofc peoples who play a lot to MMO, know thoses technic but for the new players, they fall sometimes in the trap...

- Faked E-mail for ask confirmation of pw, , invit to beta > log with your account information.. etc, "your account have been compromised "... ; .. " we have seen you are trying to sell your account " ..., " ... we suspect you to violate the rules and have block temporary the access to your account, please visit this link and confirm your information.. " This is the type of mail i recieve 3-4x / days, and the most funny is i dont have a WOW account.

- Gold sellers who use account pw for log and put the gold in account or peoples who buy exisiting wow account or Peoples who use bot services for level up characters. They think all is good, and 6-8month laters, they log and find their char completely naked or deleted from the account .

- etc etc ...

The problem is some could have allready get their account information compromised, and you will not even know it if nothing have disappear from your inventory in game. If your char is not fully naked when you log or cant log at all.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The official thread is up to 120 pages of victims complaining in not even 24 hours. Add that up to the six threads before this that reached post count.

Blizzard definitely messed up somewhere.

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    you just hate drm full stop that's your problem, we know you troll on it regularly.

p.s also it's not an extremely short campaign. probably around 40 hrs if you do all the difficulties (which is the point as you gain items and unlock all the abilities etc). Then if you did that for all classes you are looking at a couple of hundred hrs at least..

so get your facts right before posting fud.

and i suspect a lot of the hacked claims are just trolls who dont like drm.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  12. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    The only problem I have with that is that, in my opinion, Torchlight II is no where near as fun as D3. It's fun in short bursts, but it doesn't give me the "must keep going" feeling that the Diablo series (including D3) have given me. But for $20 it's a great buy if you like these types of games. D3 is much better overall though. Again, my opinion. :)

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Now....here's Blizzard's typical line

Which most of us know is bs....
    And more typical bs...
    Well....that is a flat out lie.....or they see an authenticator is attached and immediately stop "investigating"...
    And, I simply love this part....
    I've never been asked anything when trying to login from an "unfamiliar location".....

Things would be much better if Blizzard would just admit to the security holes in Battle.Net and finally fix them. Most of us have known about them for years.

If it affects Battle.Net....then it affects ALL Blizzard games... Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3, Warcraft2, Warcraft3, World of Warcraft and the Starcraft series. They all use Battle.Net.

In regards to Authenticators.....

One word: Useless

If you single out the "hacking" part....that justifies people's dislike for anything Sony as they were easily hacked multiple times.

Fact is, the DRM has nothing do with Battle.Net issues.

The solution is a proper password, proper security software and common sense.

14. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    Was reading that a lot of the people whose accounts got hacked were also in Beta. And during Beta is when their account got compromised.

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I can at least see the logic behind hacking a D3 account after all the AH and the real money fact makes it a great target for hackers, ironic really in a quest to preserve the game and prevent cheaters and dupers they have given the hackers an even bigger reason to hack the game, anyway back on track, yeah I can see the logic behind hacking a D3 account but why on gods green earth would anyone go to the trouble of hacking someone's BF3 account?

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    $20 says it's another MIM attack that WoW experienced a couple years ago. If so, then I quadruple facepalm at this. Luckly I didn't have anything stolen then, but I know a crap ton of IRL friends that did.

17. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    If you ask me most people that are playing Diablo 3 are getting hacked through the faked e-mails as most people might not be aware of them. (for those that havent played WoW)