Killzone: Shadow Fall

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Serotonin, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    For all the negatives going on about the PS4, I wanted to write something positive.

I've been playing Killzone Shadow Fall all weekend, I love this game. I'm not sure why it scored so low around the web.

For the graphics wh0re in me, it looks amazing. The later levels in the slums look better than anything currently on PC. And mind you I'm also playing BF4 on my rig @ ultra.

The gameplay is fun, I love the little hover robot that you can order around.

It's not GOTY or anything but for a 1st gen, launch title, I'm truly impressed.

Why all the hate?

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Killzone never scores big, its the game reviewers love to hate, even though it one of the last competent shooter ips left, different everytime and visually superior to anything else out there. I don't reckon the pc could actually handle a port.

The gfx are easily better and more creative than anything seen on the pc (alongside uncharted) and the gunplay is second to none imo. Ai is actually fun to play against to.

Can't wait to play this.

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm a pretty biased pc gamer, but even I have to admit this game blows anything the pc has out of the water in the graphics department.

I read one review "this game doesn't measure up to PC graphics, with high-end pc's still edging it out" Um? What?

Then I read another review "The game is noticeably better looking than last gen but it doesn't blow you away, visuals really need a bigger boost that hopefully we get later down the line on ps4"

I don't get it. I think it looks fantastic ...especially the later levels.

I think the game is really fun too. Nice when everything comes together, sound, gameplay, visuals.

I wonder if I went to xbox/pc biased reviewing sites or ? I just dontget the low scores.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    sounds promising then, really PLEASED WITH THIS NEWS. :)

5. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    I 2nd this motion, the game looks really great. The visuals, the AA, gameplay, sounds, it's all there. It might not be a 10/10 titles, but I don't think it is as bad as some of the reviews made it out to be.

Wish there was a better way for us to show you screen caps, the current share button only allows us to upload to twitter/facebook and has horrible compression that makes it look bad.

If you are on the fence about it, just get it, you will be happy ;)

6. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    I've been less impressed with the graphics honestly. For one, it seems like it's doing dynamic resolution downsampling or something. Sometimes it is clearly not rendering native 1080p. Yes, it matters in terms of sharpness and detail of the game. Two, it really seems like it's about the level of crysis 1 overall, not bringing anything new to the table. Some of the textures do look nice and detailed though, the rocks in the first level looked realistic. The character animations are good as well.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm loving the game so far as well but it does suffer from some frame drops (damn you PC gaming and spoiling me with 60FPS solid).

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Im looking forward to this as I really enjoyed 2 and 3, how's the mp side of the game ?

9. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Loop was it you with the odd sounding PS4 drive?.... If so be careful, my neighbor had the same issue with his unit since launch, then today his Killzone disc got all scratched up. something dug into it. He called and was told 3-4 weeks for a new unit. Sony also said they will replace the game also if Gamestop wont allow him to return it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Sorry but the time I had on the game (in the back of a shop where my friend works wink wink) it was pretty sub par in terms of graphics if you ask me.

Its smooth don't get me wrong, and the art style is pretty good indeed. The game just does not feel like Killzone at all, the lighting is good, the shadows are pathetic and the textures are pretty bad in places. BF4 on PC @ Ultra destroys this game completely in technical terms with the dynamic maps, destruction, and overall look.

How you can say a game where if you look at a mirror in the game your character does not even cast a reflection then say its better than anything on PC is beyond me!?? Have you seen Star Citizen? Have you played Crysis 3 maxed out 4xMSAA @ 1080p or 1440p or 1600p or triple monitors? Have you maxed out Metro LL??? That in my opinion is one of the best looking games ever!

I really strong believe this was a PS3 game to start with and they moved it onto the PS4 once they got development kits in hand and they just upped the textures and turned on some AA and tweaked the lighting a little.

As for the gameplay it self, I played around two hours of the story and an hour of the MP and it is seriously a VERY fun game. The MP is excellent, but as for graphics and IQ 100% definitely not on par with certain PC titles.

Everyone to their own, I respect your opinion I just don't agree with it ;)

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It has started to quiet down actually so meh don't really care. If it does scratch a disk or starts making the noise again I'll send it in but would prefer to wait till the first of the year.

12. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Ok cool, just trying to look out for a fellow Guru. Enjoy your new box bro.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Metro LL is a beautiful game. Forgot about that one. Crysis 3 to me, not very appeasing. It's a console port with dx11 effects sprinkled over it to hog resources and run like ape sh*t. Nothing about Crysis 3 impressed me. Battlefield 4 impressed me, until I played Killzone. Maybe I'm just caught up in the new console hype, I dunno.

I do know as a PC gamer with what I consider a decent rig, I was worried about picking up a ps4 and having nothing to wow me. Killzone wowed me. The early levels aren't as impressive, but once you get to the point of the e3 demo and the slums, the game is jaw dropping to me. And it seems a few on here agree.

To each his/her own. I'm really impressed. But I will say Ryse and Forza 5 have me a little envious of xbox 1 right now. In time though, PS4 will shine I'm sure.

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I could not agree with you more! :)

15. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I have always been a killzone fan, as a shooter its great, story lacks sometimes and it struggle to show drama but in terms of shotting mechanics its up there, the vids ive seen do look really impressive and shall be playing on launch day.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Yeah. Like I said, by no means is it GOTY. But it's a fun game for what it is and an impressive launch title.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    imo, one of if not the only current shooter ips that actuallymkes me feels like I'm in a firefight or warzone. The gun feedback and sounds are better than anything else out there, other shooters atm just sound and feel like little popguns by comparson.

I think the first game just left a sour taste in some gamers mouths and others are just in straight up denial about the fact it does everything better.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    can you post some screens with ps4?

I watched one engine tech trailer and there it looked awesome.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Sounds good to me, my brother in law is getting his PS4 and this at the end of the month, looking forward to checking it out.

Not a fan of the games myself, but I'm not a fan of shooters in general.

Visually are people judging the art style and not the technical side of things with this, while it looks great from the tech videos I don't think I saw anything a PC couldn't do, especially at 30fps.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    yeah pc could pull it off, but id think itd have to be a pc only title, or pc prioritized atleast.