Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (Remake coming)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by AntiSnipe, Apr 18, 2014.

1. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (Out now)

This should be good! Let's just hope they don't botch it up or strip out half the original game like Tomb Raider Anniversary did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLkc7laZgY

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  2. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Nice loved that game back in the day... But could be very frustrating:)

3. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I have been following this game for a while, I cant wait for it to be released. I hope it sells well though, if they sell 250,000 copies they will remake Abe's Exoddus and if they sell 500,000 copies they will make a new Oddworld game.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Weren't the original games published by Microsoft? How come the aren't being released on Xbox?

5. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I believe it was GT Interactive, at least that's what it says on the old PSX and PC versions I have. Micro$oft had nothing to do with them as far as I know. From the sounds of it, Oddworld is not having anything to do with publishers this time, and are handling it all themselves. Stick it to the Man! Yeah!

6. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Bring it on! I had so much fun with the original back in the day.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Nope I found it. It was Munch's Oddysee that was by Microsoft, which makes sense because I remember buying a Microsoft Plus! CD for Windows XP that had some Oddworld visualizations for Windows Media Player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddworld:_Munch's_Oddysee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Plus!#Microsoft_Plus.21_for_Windows_XP

Anyway, glad to hear they are coming back. They were fun games.

8. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    It came out a while back (Steam or GOG.com). I just got it from GOG, have not played yet other than to fire it up and look at it real quick. Runs very smooth and looks great so far. Looks very true to original, but completely rebuilt, not just an HD update.

EDIT: Played it for about half the game and gave up messing with it. It is very buggy and I had to reload saves every few minutes to get by game stopping glitches (too many too list). The controls are very sluggish too. The developer, Just Add Water, just stinks. Everything I've seen from them has been a botch job.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015