Intel optane memory

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by nz3777, Aug 12, 2017.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Can someone please explain to me what this is exactly and what Platform would I need in order to use it? I know a little about what it does so basicly looking for someone to make me feel better about spending my money on it haha.

If I do not go with Intel I will more then likely build a Ryzen based system instead,Kinda thorn between the 2 at the moment.

Much thanks Nick.:)

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    At least z270 chipset if I'm not mistaken. Its like a hdd cache stored in memory.. didn't look that amazing in the end.

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    It may be amazing for certain server scenarios but for a normal consumer is garbage! Keep your distance, and money, away from it and just buy a good SSD.

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Hardware version of Asus ramcache

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Wow I really did not expect to hear all these negative things about it (damm) I dont know Amd has turned-up the heat on them for sure forcing them to respond. The optane is rather expensive so I might pass (not sure) but thank you guys for being honest about it, Cheers.

6. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Ventus 3X
    Just curious. From what I'm reading, doesn't the Optane Memory help a system with the regular HDs? After all, most people are still using regular HD in conjunction with SSD as the boot drive for the OS. If I have a SSD as a boot drive and a regular HD with all of my Steam games, I don't think the SSD will help speed up the games loading from the HD much but this Optane memory might? I guess I'm one of the few that is still using regular HD...