The Elder Scrolls Anthology (TES1 - 5)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Keitosha, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    The Elder Scrolls Anthology (TES1 - 5 + OB DLC!)

[​IMG]

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/08/01/the-complete-elder-scrolls-collection-comes-to-pc-this-september/

Too bad Battlespire and Redguard aren't included, but since i'm a huge TES fan/collector, I will most likely get this. Great pack for just €60.

As for the smaller Oblivion DLC, they are NOT included (no horse armor for you), which is retarded. Should contain everything by now. I know The Knights of the Nine retail disc had all the DLC included as well.
    Official post regarding the Oblivion DLC by a Bethsoft staff member:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    That's crappy and lazy that it doesn't have the Oblivion DLC, even if it was mostly uselss tripe. It also looks to me like those maps are reprints of the originals. So meh. For $50 I would buy it

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's a shame Bethesda doesn't have all the code for Arena and Daggerfall so they could be updated to work natively on newer hardware and OS systems, Redguard and Battlespire too but they aren't even included.

Strange decision not to have the Oblivion DLC but otherwise it looks like a rather solid compilation. :)

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Arena was groundbreaking. Daggerfall improved on pretty much everything, it was amazing. Best in the series. Morrowind was a good game too, loved it. Oblivion was terrible. Skyrim was slightly better. My opinion if course, but the last 2 games ruined a one great franchise for me.

Lovely bundle btw, but some discs are missing, how is that an anthology.

5. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I had my best memories on Morrowind (too young for the others).

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Shoulda called this The Elder Scrolls Backlog Edition. (surely no one has this much free time)

golly gosh.. im soo funny.

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Oblivion gets a lot of hate but I still quite enjoyed it completely vanilla. The combat was a lot better than in Morrowind. It was a shame they went with scaled enemies and had to have the entire game voice acted (and only by a few people which made it seem repetitive). But all in all not a bad game imo. I enjoyed it more than Skyrim, somehow.

8. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    The Elder Scrolls Get Fire From Your Job Edition LOL.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Boom! ^^ This is the best way to explain Oblivion in a short sentence.

Skyrim with all its mods is pretty and all, but thats what i find im doing more than anything, seldom do i play or go cave diving for crap. Skyrim for me, even on first playthrough, just felt smaller than oblivion, most obvious whenever im back at whiterun (the first major city after Riverwood at the start) and standing out in the open just outside Whiteruns gates. Its looks big but as im walking around, it revels itself to be more of an illusion more so than Oblivion did.

if that makes sense.

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ...i hope this means they'll at some point or another sell arena and daggerfall individually at some point through, say, steam, ofcourse with the dos emulator, but those are the only two in this pack i care about as i own the rest....

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Arena and Daggerfall are freeware now though and available for download from Bethesda directly unless something has changed recently, however due to lack of source code and such assets they are unmodified and Arena is the floppy version with a smaller intro and outro that lack voice acting.
    (Arena first as part of a ten year celebration and then Daggerfall shortly afterwards.)

EDIT:
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena/
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  13. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    For those who are still angry about the Oblivion DLC: the GOTY Deluxe version is now 75% off on Steam.
    Still balls for them being allergic to include the DLC with every OB pack. Same crap happened with the 5th anniversary edition, which is just the GOTY version.

14. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    The Elder Scrolls Foreveralone edition

15. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

/\ /\ ...yes!

16. StannieDum

StannieDum Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    Hate? I reckon Bethesda were probably fine with that 'hate' when you look at its review scores:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion

and consider Oblivion's enormous sales figures over the years. :)

Have to say though that considering both Skyrim Legendary Edition and Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition are available off Amazon for a combined total price of £24 (UK pounds), Morrowind GOTY is available off Steam for £9.74 and the two DOS games are now free to play, it's up to the customer if he wants to pay £16 for a box!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  17. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I want the book, but have no need for any of the rest of it myself.

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It gets a lot of forum hate at least, I know it was a successful game. But pundits just cite that the average gamer has a low IQ and needs their hand held or some tripe like that.

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    While i understand this, do they come with the dos emulater all set up, fully, out of the box?(install) if not, then my want still stands

While i understand this is pretty much "lazy", i have no desire to set up any game using dos emulators such as dosbox for the simple fact that there is way too many settings in them that could, or could not, affect the game in some way or another, and since i have no idea what i'm doing, i could set it up, play the entire game, and only realize in the end there was supposed to be a sky...if i had just set the dos emulator correctly...

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I have all TES games I like with all their DLCs on Steam already. This edition is nothing special imo, CE of each individual game is a better thing to have, though the only physcial CE I have of a TES game is Oblivion one.