SLI - worth it?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by SSJBillClinton, Apr 28, 2013.

1. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Hey guys, I've recently been making bank off youtube and was saving it up for a GTX780, but then I realised I will have enough money (assuming they're around the £500-600 mark) for a second one after a couple of months.
    My only experience with 2 graphics cards was 2 6950's in crossfire, and that was a horrible microstuttery time, with 9/10 new releases showing worse performance with crossfire enabled instead of using 1 card.

I'm only interested in single monitor 1920x1080 gaming, but keeping a high framerate with maxed out graphics and 4x MSAA or equivalent is desirable as I have a 144Hz monitor and I'm a bit of a graphics whore.

So, how is the scaling with new titles, how's the microstutter if there is any?
    Thanks!

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    nah sli is smooth sailing

3. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    LOL is it worth it? you NEED it - likely QUAD SLI !

I think sli performs pretty good tbh so yeah it's worth it, for you it's a necessity - IMO.

4. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    I don't really care if I get 120FPS for everything, just as long as I get at least 60FPS+ for demanding stuff (Crysis 3 blah blah) I'm happy, 120FPS or higher for console ports etc.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    If you want to maintain Crysis 3 at a min of 60 FPS @ 1920x1080 with all the eye candy, you'll need SLI.

6. TwoPlusTwo

TwoPlusTwo Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX Titan SLI
    Absolutely worth it.

Go for it, you won't regret it.

7. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Yeah I figured, I was just using that as an example as I don't care if something that demanding isn't running at 120FPS. 60FPS is good enough for me (mostly)!

8. DAWG1

DAWG1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670 sli
    My 670 sli has worked well. No stuttering at all in surround vision. Scaling is great too. Go for it. You'll be happy you did.

9. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    I will put it to you this way if you don't need it don't waste your money for it, now if that's not an issue then second make sure you power requirements are met and that you have very good cooling, for me it was a viable option as it works well enough that its given me time to wait for the 700 series of GPUs.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Totally worth it. Way better experience than what I expected.