GeForce 313.96 Beta Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AMD@OPA, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It seems there is only one difference between these and previous set:

2. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE

3DMark11

Nvidia drivers already use more CPU than AMD drivers anyway but these new drivers are using more CPU power. My CPU score went from 9411 to 9139 with these drivers.

3. zeroskillz

zeroskillz Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan GTX SC SLI
    This driver is also for the crysis 3 SLI fix. Currently in .95, SLI would not work in the multiplayer beta.

4. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Installed ok here using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit with SLI 670. Haven't tested any games yet.

As expected still no options in regards to maximizing, task bar centering and the lock screen still is messed up when using three screens.

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i rarely use the installer, generally i uninstall previous drivers and use Device Manager to update to new drivers, never failed me to this day, i'm currently using the 313.95.

apparently the installation problem happens to Non-English users, still kudos to nvidia for fixing the problem anyway.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    +
    +

:)

Idk about 313.95 Crysis3 performance im using 313.96 atm and Crysis3 performance is top, gpu usage always 90-99%, cpu also pretty high 90-95% in most demanding 16player areas, otherwise ~ 75%.

7. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    That's no fun, but I guess it wouldn't matter much unless game performance also suffered. Do you have any games to benchmark?

8. eternitykh

eternitykh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB SLI
    curious, has anyone tried the 313.95/96 with Mechwarrior Online? any difference with SLI performance and/or with surround?

i ask because since these drivers are crysis3 optimized and might somewhat affects other games on cryengine3?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ah well, it looked so promising while it lasted..

[​IMG]

Got this in BF3 AfterMath DLC, happened after idk good hour or so. And when I tried to restart the game it always crashed with this error when i switched to fullscreen.
    One time it was another similar DirectX error and it said this is due to bad driver, try different or reinstall.

I never had this error before, ok only with some old 301.xx driver.

The good thing was I could use my max OC 930mhz/2290mhz in Crysis3 or in BF3, but yeah now i got this.. I'll try to reinstall and see how it goes.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    played 4 hours straight bf3 and no problems :)

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Do you have enabled Origin ingame chat or did you use it while you played?

I have a feeling its something with that, after I started switching between chat and back to game it eventually crashed and never wanted to start again, always hanged with this DirectX error.

At first it was ok, but when i opened some gameshop internet site with flash content (it was slow) it kinda crashed few minutes later., before that it was stable without issues..

Idk was it origin fault or maybe that high OC somehow corrupted the driver, but then again Crysis3 didnt fail, although i didnt use chat much while playing it.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Nope, i dont like using overlays (uplay, origin) but using steam overlay tho.

13. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    SLI is not working (at least not properly) for me in C3 Beta. I did not install .95, installed this directly. Any ideas?

14. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    this version is just as ****ed as last one. brand new formatted windows 8 installation after the last driver ****ed up on install

edit: english version on brand new windows installation -FUCING ROFL

http://i.imgur.com/vQvFrH0.jpg

NVIDIA you are a big joke

310.90 installed flawlessly. i have not been able to install 313 version on windows 8 pro 64 bit yet

There has to be some compatitbility issues with a galaxy 680, win8 64 pro and this driver. i have not had another driver fail to install on a fresh windows installation ever

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  15. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    Always tdr?

this driver have solved the problem with tdr and assassin's creed III'
    Because 313.95 have same problem, I overclock my gpu's 900@1,088v
    and with this game I take crash for this file: nvlddmkm.sys

16. Mac.Sniper_E.

Mac.Sniper_E. Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX670-dc2-2gd5 (OC)
    313.96 works like a charm, just like all the other NVidia drivers over the past 30 years that I have been installing. Never had any issue…

When installing new drivers I follow this procedure:

° Switch your overclocking to stock on your CPU and GPU
    ° De-install your actual driver and reboot PC
    ° Use Drive Sweeper (in normal or in safe mode) to clean any leftover NVidia files
    ° Install new drivers and perform initial testing.
    ° Follow ‘The Overclocking Master-Guide’ guide (see link below) to OC your GPU and re-test your previous OC on your CPU.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1265110/the-gtx-670-overclocking-master-guide

This always worked!

I also use a free tool to make my PC run very smoothly, called ‘Mz7 Optimizer’. Furthermore you need CCleaner (free) and Game Booster 3 (free) is a must have for any gamer.

If you don’t have a SSD disk you should run a good disk defrager tool (like PerfectDisk) to defrag your drive, run it every week.

A small footprint anti virus software like Kaspersky AV is also a must have. It keeps your PC clean from garbage making your PC slow.

Remark: don’t trust on the system recovery to go to you previous drivers, it’s not a bullet proof system. So basically you need also a good snapshot/backup from your system to recover your PC in case things go very bad. I use BESR from Symantec, a fast and good recovery system.

Mac

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    All not needed, ccleaner etc. can do more damage (they can be usefull, yes), game booster for high end, and in this case yours, useless, defrag every week, nonsense. AV software doesnt clean your system from garbage and is also not needed (if you have experience and know where you're surfing + vm, etc.). Never had a virus in years.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  18. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    Have you use windows 8?
    I Have more problem with tdr, less with windows 7.
    Have u use assassin's creed 3?
    It's show more problem with my videocard and frequency stock.
    I up my vcore of 0,12 volt for no crash with stock frequency.
    Sorry for my english :)

19. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Im impress with these drivers even my aging quad 580's still pumping to 112 fps even went up to 140 with preset to very high and Smaa High,texture resolution to very high, motion blur high basically just maxed out. crysis 3 engine runs well even on old gpu. crysis 3 MP beta is actually pretty fun

20. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    by the way how enable very high textures in crysis 3 i have enable after restart its swith back to high