Castlevania lord of shadow coming on steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by prodigalson1, Mar 18, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    the demo isnt out yet.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It is in the UK as the Store page has both the full game to buy - out 27th August - and the button to the right with Download Demo in it! ;)

*EDIT*
    Nevermind the demo link is now working...

[​IMG]

3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Its out now!! downloading now

Yes i know, that button has been sitting there for several hours.

4. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Fraps and SweetFX not works in demo :(

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Afterburner works fine though

Off
    [​IMG]

On
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've just played the demo and it is identical to the one released on the consoles and is from the start of the game. It's short but sweet, giving you a nice taste of the God of War-style combat, even copying the fixed camera angles (you have no control over it at all). It's a very solid port IMO with a reasonable selection of graphics options but it looks way better than the console version, thanks to anti-aliasing support and, get this, an unlocked (in my case 60 fps) framerate. No more running at 20 fps like it often did on the PS3! It even supports the 1920x1200 16:10 resolution despite defaulting to 1920x1080 for some reason on my setup. Audio and visuals are terrific as is the stellar presentation complete with Patrick Stewart voice-overs during the loading screens and cutscenes.

Only the really poor quality FMV lets the package down in my view; it looks even worst than Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition on the PC if you can imagine that. Maybe the videos are compressed to keep the demo smaller and the final ones will be better. I doubt it because they really are bad, very low resolution and extremely jaggy (probably rendered on a PS3 at 1280x720 and no anti-aliasing). Still, it's a very big game in term of content and it's very, very good (I have it on the PS3) so you can't really grumble at the sub-£20 pricepoint, particularly as it includes both DLC expansions too.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I think it support everything. i ran the demo at 3104x1940 (DS to 1920x1200) with SweetFX and it still ran at 60 fps

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was very pleased that it ran fullscreen at 1920x1200; that to me is usually an encouraging indication that it is a proper PC port, that and the fact the framerate isn't locked at 30 fps. The framerate, more than anything else makes this infinitely superior to either of the console versions. I loved the game on my PS3 but the fluctuating 20-30 fps framerate really sucked the life out of the experience. I'm really looking forward to playing the definitive version on the PC. Shame we have to wait a whole MONTH to play it. The demo is a real tease in that respect, I kind of wish it hadn't come out for a couple of weeks now. :(

9. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    I must restart steam. After restart SweetFx working. Demo is very short. Only 20 minutes.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    The demo is pretty awesome optimized considering I tried it on the Onboard GPU of my CPU (Intel HD Graphics 4000) as my 7970 is coming home tomorrow :banana: . I tested it at 1280x720 with everything on max (No AA though, nor Ambient occlusion) and worked fabously at around 45 to 60 fps.

LOVED IT.

11. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Demo won't even load for me, just crashes to desktop, maybe I need to update the drivers, currently using 320.18.

12. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    sweetfx works,put the dll files and injector in the bin folder with the .exe file,than put the others files in the main folder.It's like Resident Evil 6.
    Fraps,doesn't work

13. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Game doesnt start here ether..
    i hear the sound and all. but theres only a little square at the top left on my screen, totally in white or black. and thats it..no fullscreen, no picture, nothing.. just sound and that little rectangle..

oh welll.....

14. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    hmm, how big is the demo?

15. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Around 2.2GB

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Great news, I always wanted to play this but sicne I did not have a console, I had to pass. I also understand that the sequel Castelvania LoS 2 is also coming to PC.

17. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Movies look poor but the game itself looks better than my Xbox 360 version.

18. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Not played it fully yet but runs great for me. 60fps with everything on high and Vsync enabled.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I know I've said this before but that 60 fps framerate really does improve this game light years beyond the chuggy console versions. The sequel is due out in October/November I believe and also coming to the PC so it is great that we've finally got the original game and a few months to complete it before the next game arrives. :D

I just hope those movies look much better in the final games... I really can't understand why they're done rendered in-engine and in real-time on the PC as I find the difference in image quality between the movies and gameplay to be extremely jarring, as it was with Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition. It fine on the PS3 though but then the in-game visuals were 720p and lacking in AA so they matched the quality of the FMV. Honestly, the next generation of consoles just can't come soon enough and then we might finally get high-quality 1080p cutscenes that actually look better than the gameplay... ;)

20. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    The game is not locked at 60fps. On my rig it has gone up to 120fps in some instances but the average frame rate is around 80 with 60 being the minimum. BTW the game looks gorgeous at 1440p