Binary Domain

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gridiron whirlw, Apr 28, 2013.

1. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Someone here awhile back, maybe a couple of months or so....posted some really nice Binary Domain shots that were using Sweet FX

Could you please post your settings in this thread.....thanks so much

2. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
  3. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I found the settings....but I can not get the game to launch using sweet fx

steam says it cant find the config file....when I delete sweet fx...it works.....hmmmm

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  4. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    A decent PC port of a darn good game. I'm surprised it didn't sell well, to be honest. Though, I must say that the opening acts of the game were far from the best. It's only when the team gets fully assembled that the fun begins :D

Would you believe the PC port was done by a small team of about 5-6 guys? There are bugs though; the character inexplicably seems to move faster when moving downstairs. Also, there's no proper 16:10 support (you get black bars), and navigation around the menus using a mouse is absurd to say the least, so you need to do it using a keyboard, which is inconvenient. Other than that, it's a great port with good graphics and high performance.

Plot's a bit too cheesy at times though. I can't help but think they should have thought of a better title than "Binary Domain". The plot has elements of intrigue in it but just comes off as having a lot of cheese. These are, however, things they can fix in a sequel.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    One of the damn best games I played of 2012 to be honest.

Unfortunately I really don't believe it sold all that well, so I doubt Toshihiro Nagoshi is going to be allowed to make any more (especially since Yakuza 5 isn't coming to english any time soon)

The story wraps up pretty nicely though, no need for a sequel.

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    Is/was a great game yep a little cheesy and the constant "bro bro bro" stuff was a little tiring,only real beef with it as a PC port was the God awful mouse support even when it was "fixed" in a later patch mouse accel was still bad enough that i decided to use a 360 gamepad that alone shows me that no one on there porting team was a real PC gamer.....Still good game well worth the £4 something i payed for it

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Is it Windows Game Live or something?

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  9. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Totally agree! Way better than quite a few big budget games. Unfortunately I think it's one of those games you can only play through once.

Now to play through Inversion. I imagine it'll be more of the same!

10. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Hi all.
    @gridiron whirlw

Hi, how you been? long time I don't come here, long history.. too bad I cant help you with this now, I don't have that game anymore, I mean its unistalled.

Greetings.