How to get proper SLI scaling in Far Cry 3. (DX11 mode)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by drac, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TK423

TK423 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980
    Thank you! I think I got it!

I only need to do adjustments through Nvidia Inspector, correct? I don't need to do any adjustments in the Manage 3D Settings of the Nvidia Control panel? http://s14.postimage.org/gz7zuzi5t/Capture.jpg

Went from about 25 FPS to getting about 55-60 FPS during the opening sequence in the cage now.

Although my FPS is improved and smoother during still moments, while I'm looking around and moving the character's head things are jagged and stuttery.

Anyone else getting this?

(And a thank you for the help! New to the forums and glad a newbie can be offered help.)

2. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah same, I think changing SLI compatibility bits for DX11 to 0x0C1902F5 helps.

3. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    WORKED! no more strange bullet hole dips:banana:
    Thanks MaLDO!

4. TK423

TK423 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980
    My SLI compatibility bits (DX1X) is currently 0x080902F5. Is there anything I should or can change it to to reduce the jagged/stuttering I mentioned earlier?

5. TK423

TK423 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980
    And since I added farcry3_d3d11.exe to Nvidia Inspector I've got this (http://s16.postimage.org/k64a96mad/Capture.jpg) SLI meter thing along the side of the screen.

Anyone know what that is and how to get rid of it?

(Sorry for the double post.)

6. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Nvidia control panel --> 3d settings(top of app) --> uncheck show sli indicator

7. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Change it to 0x0C1902F5. Make sure u have the GeForce 310.64 Beta Driver also. I'm sure new drivers will be available soon to fix all this crap and probably game patches.

8. MasterVampire

MasterVampire Active Member

GPU:
    GTX TITAN !
    So should we be launching the game from the farcry3_d3d11.exe and not the farcry3.exe ?

9. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Negative, just run as normal. If you have the game set to DX11, it will do what it needs to do.

10. boxleitnerb

boxleitnerb Guest

GPU:
    GTX580 3GB SLI
    Here too. I had 99% usage at the very beginning, then it dropped to 65% on both GPUs. Unplayable :(

11. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Have you changed sli bits in inspector as I said? Perfect scaling here.

12. boxleitnerb

boxleitnerb Guest

GPU:
    GTX580 3GB SLI
    0x0C1902F5 seems to work fine, 99% usage and perfect scaling.

Thanks!

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So the beta driver that is supposed to be specifically for Far Cry 3 (a) is missing the DX11 executable; and (b) has an ineffective SLI flag? Sheesh, do NVIDIA even test these things...? :3eyes:

14. C-BuZz

C-BuZz New Member

So does changing the bits work for DX9 also? Can't get SLI working & obviously can only run DX9. Running a pair of GTX280's & it's pretty bad with a single card.

15. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    now I can play on ultra settings :)

16. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    After all the fixes mentioned above it seems that the game runs great now,
    I've benchmarked 10 minutes of gameplay with everything ultra, x2 MSAA and standard alpha to coverage with 95 fps average and it never dipped beneath 60 fps...

Finally I can enjoy the game, starting to really love it, the graphics are good IMO
    but not great, way too much ambient occlusion, vegetation looks decent at best, some really muddy textures and the view distance is kinda crap with all that blur... water doesn't look realistic and there are really annoying clipping issues...

It looks good... the gameplay itself seems to be great this far.. gonna play some more.:banana:

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI
    How did you know to change the hex value to that? I'm really intrigued. Please tell :nerd:

18. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Do you remember matrix? When they are watching the screen with falling green letters but can see the images that represent?

19. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI
    LMAO! very good. :pc1:

But seriously...please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.

20. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Mmmm, is very similar. Really.

I modified sli values ​​for many years. Before there tools like the current nvidia Inspector or previous Profile Tool. I wrote tables to translate each of the flags to binary to combine the flags to be used. Many of my values ​​are still better than those used by drivers, both for new games to the old ones. Too bad I never worry too much on saving those things.

Each flag has a specific behavior that eventually you end up memorizing. It is also easy to find specific problems for each game. When I started playing farcry 3 saw the DX11 was perfect scaling. Until you get a gun and firing it divided by 2 the performance if there is a decal on the screen. That is caused by a caching that is not shared between the memories of both cards. Codemasters Dirt games use something similar for some situations in car mirrors, so I just had to combine the flags of Farcry 3 with those of Dirt 3.

Some of the usual sli glitches are cached effects/sprites/shadows that can affect performance or flickering, glare effects through geometry, etc.

Clarified? XD