Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by shoja, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I've tried the game twice.... few things that keep me from really enjoying it. Mostly... the combat isn't all that exhilarating. I played Diablo 3 a **** ton more and that game is awful... but damn does it have smooth, exciting combat.

POE's passive skill tree is interesting... but I don't really look forward to +30 more mana... +40 crit rating (making these numbers up). I like getting better combat skills.

The game was also zoomed in almost too far for comfort. Could never see much of the game at once. Kinda odd for a new game in 2012.

Lots of other things that bugged me about it. I'm still looking forward to Grim Dawn a bit more I think. But that game is coming along so slowly :(

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Signed up for the beta too (couple of months ago) but still nothing... :/

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you can buy in for like £10.

4. trevorjpearson

trevorjpearson Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I've played 30 some hours over the past 6 months. My favorite part of the game is the economy. I'm so sick of wow (and now d3) gold based economies. There is no gold in this game. Currency is just small items that modify items in certain ways. This brings me to my second favorite part of the game. You use the "currency" to reroll certain parts of an item. So if you found a sweet item but the sockets suck, you can reroll just the sockets. The worst part of the game is just how slow combat is. Especially at the beginning. I wouldn't want them to change it though, as your character becomes more powerful, combat will speed up. Enemies are faster after act 1. In this type of game you always fight zombies in the first act and they are just so slow and boring.

5. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    yay.....

just got an BetA invite-key..
    Im in toooo...

add me if you want...---> BetADNA (installing game atm)

really looking forward to this game. That "is" looking like an real predecessor to diablo, not some strange , stupid comic style stuff...
    And its free...Only if u want more box space, and in teh future maybe spells etc, u have to pay...That is awesome. Gonna pay something for shure :)

-BetA-

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  6. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Lucky boy had to pay for my beta key.
    The game does have a Diablo 2 feel to it and you can put together some very interesting character builds which you sure as hell can't do in D3.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the thing I don't like about PoE is the combat. It's beyond bad. the responsivness of controls, the pace. it's so many years behind D3's combat. I play D3 for the addictive loot and combat. those 2 things. PoE has some nice possible builds though. Knowing me I'd just google some cookie cutter stuff anyway haha.

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I hope it goes open beta soon. I'm still very interested.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    23rd of jan I think.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    got a beta key if anyone wants to try it before Wednesday. first come first serve.

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

PM sent but I may be too late.

12. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Man I hate college. Can't get enough time to play/try every game lol

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  14. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
  15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, big skill tree but let's not be fooled, there will be a few cookie cutter builds that everyone will be running. Looking forward to it though.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hy all....

when i started PoE a few weeks ago, i tried to enhance the aa or force it etc..I did find something..

So, im posting this for the People interessted in better AA..

First of all, u need to go in NVInspector and DELETE the DRAGON - mmorpg Profile...If u dont do this it aint working , cause these to games use teh same exe name, and that will result in an fail..

Ok, after u deleted teh dragon mmorpg thing, u will be able to add teh client.exe to teh Path of Exile Profile..

Since teh game has an pretty good built aa u want to enhance it..Quality is great, no single aliasing..No bits needed..

heres a screen of teh settings im using, 4 x 4 Supersample..GPU usage @ 99% and 80 - 100 FPS..

[​IMG]

I hope, this helps teh people that where searching for an better aa method...

Screens for comparsion are coming if u guys want some..

-BetA-

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I myself found the ingame AA pretty decent tbh but yeah, a few screens wouldn't hurt. Also BetA, have you had any luck with SweetFX and PoE? I can't get it to work.

19. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    erm, i didnt try sweetfx for myself, but heard its working...
    I dont use it, since PoE is also e sports league, so im not shure if sfx is allowed etc...so i just left it, cause teh game looks decent with supersample AA...But yeah, some stuff could be better with sfx, like the defog option a tiny bit...

ok, screens are coming in a bit...

ok some screens..
    its hard to see teh diff between supersample enhanced and ingame 4 x aa..but look close at the ground and teh helmet, also the wooden sticks in front of him..

NO AA
    [​IMG]
    ingame 4 aa
    [​IMG]
    ingame 4 + 4 x 4 supersample enhanced
    [​IMG]

shouldnt took those in Jpeg..anyway, try it yourself and look for shadows, light sources (edges) etc, and u will see a little difference between ingame aa and supersample enhanced..

i just gonna open a thread over at PoE and ask if wseetfx is allowed or not...

-BetA-

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Ya SweetFX only works with radeonPRO...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.