No more modding for gta games

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by dsbig, Jun 15, 2017.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    Take two decided to take a sh***t on people and send letters out telling modder it's illegal to modify the games in anyway. Sooo

No more openiv ...or openv

http://gtaforums.com/topic/889348-openiv/

:bang:

Wtf...

I just finished setting up my game....

2. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    No more Rockstar games for me or Take-Two products.

Sod em. Modding is what helped with a large portion of sales im sure. Especially GTAIV.

I recently uninstalled GTAV anyhow, cant say itll be on my HDD again any time soon. Modding is what made this game for me, so with this news...bugger it.

Never forget how technically watered down GTAV was compared to IV

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  3. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
  4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Two reasons I can think they would do this. GTA Online DLCs are coming to an end of life and as one big last 'hurrah' (not really a hurrah since the last update is utter steaming a*se) but anyway to make sure that their wallet is as full as possible they are going to try and sell the stuff that was locked behind the online wall off as some sort of extended, uber or complete package that you will then be able to use in single player and ther last thing they need is the ability for players to download free content that is better than anything R* can do.

Not sure what engine RDR2 is built on, I am assuming it is the same engine as GTA in which case maybe it is possible that the tools used to mod GTA could also be used to mod RDR2 and perhaps T2 has plans for that game that would be spoiled by modders doing a better job than Rockstar could do. Of course we need to wait and see if RDR2 is coming to PC.

I said two of course their is the third

T2 is run by total and utter d*ckends, given the we want to be bigger d*cks but we don;t want the public to realise that we are being bigger d*cks speech earlier in the month I guess that's possible.

Whatever the backlash on Steam says it all really.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/Grand_Theft_Auto_V/

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hahaha... backlash is an understatement!

6. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    more like

no more NEW modtool features.

modding will work until the end of days ...

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I'm not seeing anything:

http://steamcharts.com/app/271590

It's the top-5 played game on steam.

People still play it, the microtransaction money is still coming in in heaps.

Nothing changed. People don't care in the least about this issue. Otherwise, the player base would most probably have declined.

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I doubt a majority of people even care about modding the game. Truth be told I really don't too much, I mainly play GTA Online.