Intel Core i7-4770K clocked to 7068.52MHz

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 17, 2013.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nice OC but what was need to keep it from frying the chicken and the egg

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    so much hate, but hey your post was readable this time:thumbup:

3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. ;)

Hate? There is no hate in my words, facts only.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    There is no facts in your statement only opinion. and its not shared by most enthusiasts.
    Whats the difference in a cpuz on all cores or just some?

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Wicked OC! :thumbup: I get what CrazY_Milojko is saying but I'm pretty sure as soon as pro clockers, like these dudes, get their hands on chips that CAN do it with 4 or more cores + HT on they will.It's all for the love of fun after all.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    What's the point of laughing at people testing the limits? It's in human nature, even if it doesn't produce tangible benefits. This isn't much different from building a 2000 horsepower car for drag racing. You do it because you can, and because it's fun.

7. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Call that whatever you want, opinion, fact, statement... Everybody here can write about that from their point of view and it will be impossible for everyone to agree. I'm OC'ing CPUs and GPUs from the time of first i486 and Voodoo (1) and this half-OC has nothing to impress me. If all cores were active that result would make me jump from the chair.

So why don't you disable 2 cores, drop some 1.5V in that i7-2600K of yours and crank that CPU of yours up to 5.5GHz if there is no difference for you? You already disabled HT so why don't you disable 2 physical cores and go for higher frequency if number of GHz is only that counts?

If that 2-core OC result above is so exciting why don't more OC entusiast leave coment here about that? Probably most of them are dead because of heart attack they had when they had saw that half-core-operative OC'ed CPU. No one will remember that OC result shortly after this article, just a short-live marketing attempt from MSI to get some attention.

I really hope so this is achievable on i7-4770 but I have reasonable doubt we'll see something like that on i7-4770 and similar especially with HT on. Maybe for few seconds of "stabile testing" under Prime95 and that's it. I would love to see that some entusiast did this at his home made OC laboratory with illegaly obtained L2N, all alone, with just one piece of motherboard and CPU, no matter because just 2 cores are enabled and HT is off. That's what I call an enthusiast and there will be something for respect. But when they have latest state of the art OC technology, dozens of CPUs and motherboards of same type, practically unlimited resources and achieve only this (from my point of view) half-successful OC ("...well, we had to turn off half CPU cores and HT to achieve this frequency...") that's what I called a half-successful marketing attempt and I'm doubt that was much of a fun for people involved in this nothing more than marketing project because MSI had expectations from them and bosses above their heads would not be happy if people doing that OC didn't show them some result. Love and fun were left on the other side of the door. Pure business move from MSI, nothing else.

I'm tired of this article and it's late, enough from me here, I have something smarter to do with my wife. :grin2:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    @ CrazY_Milojko - Ahh!! The marketing game eh! When you put it that way it's hard to disagree.

9. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    +1 My thoughts are inline with the above post from IcE and I want to add that there are many other less "entertaining" records out there with much less significance than finding a golden/great chip and testing it to the limit.

E.g: The tallest mohican measures 113.5 cm (44.68 in) and belongs to Kazuhiro Watanabe (Japan).

[​IMG]

So please... I would love to watch a PRO Overclocker testing/finding the limits of a CPU than watching that guy fixing his mohican. *no offense meant to Mr. Kazuhiro Watanabe

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    missed 98% of your post here, unreadable.

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    TK, ease up dude, let it go.

Everybody has stated his opinion on that OC already.