RivaTuner v2.11 in on the way!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 9, 2008.

1. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    :rock: unwinder, you rock. fan control and overclocking for the 4870x2 crossfire-x works great. cloning mode works 100%. I'm gonna wheelie tonight in your honor.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Got it.

Thanks

3. Risco

Risco Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650M
    Unwinder, have you got a link to the 4870 fan controller data sheets? I want to do some investigating in to tslope.

Thanks!

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

5. Unwinder

A few more improvements have been added to v2.11's hardware monitoring and fan control modules, new build has been sent to testers.

- Improved VT1103.dll plugin:
    - Now the plugin is able to monitor independent temperatures of VT1105/VT1165 voltage regulator phases (slave chips).
    - Improved temperature monitoring for RV710 / RV730 / RV770 graphics processors family. Now RivaTuner is able to monitor independent temperatures of display controller, memory controller and shader core on RV7xx graphics processors. Please take a note that unlike many other diagnostic tools reading these temperatures via GPU's internal sensor switching and calibration logic, RivaTuner reads these temperatures via direct access to thermal sensor's ADC outputs and calibrates ADC readings at software level. Such approach drastically reduces CPU load and doesn't have side effects like fan speed fluctuations caused by frequent sensor switching, however it is in experimental stage yet so please contact me if additional core temperatures reported by RivaTuner and other software like GPU-Z or Everest seriously differ on your system.
    - Optimized GPU usage monitoring for RV710 / RV730 / RV770 graphics processors family. Now RivaTuner is no longer waiting for response from on-die PowerPlay microcontroller if GPU usage is not sampled yet and returns the previous cached value instead.
    - Improved duty cycle generation accuracy for all types of on-die and external fan controllers due to floating point calculation usage.

6. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Installed RT test 7, all looks good so far. Is there anything in particular you want me to try? Since most changes impact RV7XX, was wondering if anything I need to look at.

The uninstall/reinstall went fine. All launcher items in tact and monitoring/ event changing works fine.

7. Unwinder

Thanks to all testers, it's RivaTuner time right now, v2.11 is going to be online within one hour. Stay tuned and thank you for your assistance!