AMD Catalyst 12.10 WHQL_Modded for LEGACY GPUs - SUPER STABLE SUPER PERFORMANCE

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ankinferno, Oct 31, 2012.

1. doomguard

doomguard Guest

GPU:
    ati
    please help.. newbie here..

Step 1.> ONLY install the CCC from the 12.6 WHQL through the Normal install method. (Dont install any other component)

i am confused about this step as i download 12.6 from this link
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/AMD-Catalyst-12.6-WHQL-32-bit-download-2943.html

and when i do normal install with the custom option, i cant find CCC inside the install option. It only got CIM, SDK and HDMI Audio only.

how am i going to install ccc through the normal install? thanks. i already successfully installed the driver already.

2. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M

Which GPU are you having ??

3. doomguard

doomguard Guest

GPU:
    ati
    HD 4670 . its a laptop dell studio xps 1640

4. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Ys this problem persists for maximum mobility GPUs...

Then dont try Catalyst 12.6 try to install any CCC that previously worked with yr GPU... then follow further steps..

5. doomguard

doomguard Guest

GPU:
    ati
    i installed ccc from here

13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_32_dd_ccc

and follow the step that was given. i can open that ccc but dunno its functioning or not.

6. aethius

aethius Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7770
    Hello everybody and thank you ankinferno
    I've been having problems with BF3 fps and while google-ing I found this page. I'm currently running on official 13.1 drivers. hope your modded drivers help

:)

EDIT: for now I'm having problem not knowing what is Disable Driver Signature Enforcement but little googleing should help, I hope it's not too complicated

EDIT2: ok I did everything. Uninstalled the old drivers just to be sure, then installed your modded and it still says catalyst 13.1.

is that ok? should it say catalyst 12.10? Should I delete whole ATI folder like in alternate method?

thank you in advance for taking your time.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  7. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M

Hmm i guess you are going wrong somewhere.. it should say as Catalyst 12.10..

OK GUIES I'm REALLY SORRY THAT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR QUERIES QUICKLY BECAUSE I AM VERY MUCH BUSY WITH MY WORK.

AND AND AND, I WOULD LIKE ALL USERS TO USE OTHER MODDED DRIVERS PROVIDED IN THE FORUM AS BECAUSE THE 12.10 MOD IS OLD AND NEEDS MORE IMPROVEMENTS,.

GUIES plz PARDON ME FOR THE INCONVENIENCE..

--__ THREAD CLOSED __--

8. cougar72

cougar72 Guest

GPU:
    Ati 4870x2 2Gb
    Is it possible to have a driver that returns that is DX11 compatible (to bypass some games that "requiredx11 but can work with dx10)?

9. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    there is a way but the game wil run at 1-2 fps

10. cougar72

cougar72 Guest

GPU:
    Ati 4870x2 2Gb
    I know it, using WARP via dxcpl.exe.
    But I don't intend this.
    If you "bypass" the initial test dx11 enable, the engine can run in dx10 or 9, and if you get shaders from a xbox game iso (unpaking the paked files) you have good performance with legacy dx10 gpus.
    The proble is.... Always the initial test, from de d3d11.dll by the D3DX11CheckVersion.
    So, or you make a copy of the d3d11.dll (it is paked inside the crysis3.exe) and make "your" d3d11.dll and put it in the same dir, wrap every exported method onto original (you can use LoadModule to get inside your dll the original crytec d3d11.dll).
    But in this way, something goes wrong.
    So I would try to elude the checkVersion giving to it an ati driver that "seems" to be dx11 "anyway" enabled.

I'm here to ask this ;)

11. cougar72

cougar72 Guest

GPU:
    Ati 4870x2 2Gb
    you can enable dx10 or dx9 simply via config.cfg file, usind r_Driver = DX9 or r_Driver = DX10 (but if you use original shaders for DX11 it will still unplayable...)

12. cougar72

cougar72 Guest

GPU:
    Ati 4870x2 2Gb
    So, no ideas on how to "override" dx capabilities via Driver? (I remember that was a tweak3d once upon a time.... ;) )

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  13. noil

noil Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970
    AMD 4670 MOD drivers to plat diablo 3

Hello my friend...

I HAve a Q6600 with AMD 4670 512ddr3 and i cant play diablo 3 :bang: im almost play spectrum or :3eyes:

I see you test many drivers here,

Can you tell me the best mod drivers for my graphic card for Windows 8.1 media center X64??

Plz my friend.. give me some hellp here