AMD Catalyst 12.10 (9.002.0 September 27)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Not everybody experiences the idle bug. It's best to try for yourself in this case. It seems to be limited to a MB chipset/BIOS combination.

No other reason for it to happen.

2. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    I used the -xcl command in MSI Afterburner to enable the Performance tab in CCC. Adjusted clocks there and works for me.

Been having to use version 2.2.1 of MSI Afterburner to get it to work. Newer versions don't work.

3. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    i seen lot of bugs in latest drivers and i didnt even bother to install them and i roll to 12.7beta for my 5850 because i know the problems yu can get and its not worth it... :)))
    bad points for amd

4. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Eyefinity Flickering gone

My eyefinity flickering issues are finally gone with the 12.10s which all started at 12.4 until now. Also games seem a little smoother maybe. I can finally turn off vsync!

5. Gordaliza

Gordaliza New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
    I have two monitors. One Lg 23" connected by DVI and one HDTV Samsumg 37" connected by HDMI. And a HD 7970 Gigabyte Windforce.

When I display only in the DVI monitor, I have the idle bug (idle clocks : 500 / 1375) . When I display only in the HDMI, my idlings clocks are the normal 300/150. If I duplicate or extend the desktop in both monitors, I have the idle bug again.

I think this information can be valuable for the people trying to fix the "idle bug" in the drivers. Please, take this in consideration and do test in this direction.

6. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    Ugh, this is whql? 2d clocks are broken as ****, horrible black stripes all over my screen, same deal with 12.9 betas and the new 12.11 beta 4. Looks like 6870's last real driver was the 12.8's -_-

e:weird.. couple of restarts later and it's not showing up..hmm. I think it might be Sapphire Trixx related.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  7. Prasad007

Prasad007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970M 2GB
    Sometimes, 'Experimental' IS better than 'Stable'. ;) With that said, why not give the 12.11 Beta4 driver a shot instead?

8. weah

weah Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5850 Toxic @1Ghz
    How can I solve this?
    [​IMG]

And this is a fresh install...

9. vwrafi

vwrafi Guest

GPU:
    6990M
    With 12.6 , 12.9 beta and now 12.10 there is still no Accelerated Video Conversion. I did not try 12.7, 12.8 cause I went directly to 12.9 beta and 12.10. Am I doing something wrong ? I've had HD5870M in my laptop and there was none AMD Video Converter button in CCC. Now I have got in the same laptop 6990M and 12.10 CCC and still no Accelerated Video Conversion button. What is going on, I am tired of enabling and disabling " Enable acceleration " button cause this makes no effect. I know that GPU encoding works on my card because I've tried other programs that do the job, but I want to use only AMD software which is builded into CCC.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Windows Explorer crashes when launching games with this set for me, just like the 12.9 betas.

I replaced the ATIUMD64.DLL with the one from the 12.8 WHQL and everything is working fine.

These last few drivers from AMD have really sucked donkey balls.

11. diwik

diwik Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD5870 1Gb (stock)
    Again this bug! Win7 x64 SP1
    [​IMG]

12. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Same here. I just installed it from 12.9 Beta... and have this corruption. First time.

And had this occur a few times already, especially in the middle of a game!! :(

I will be going back to 12.9 or earlier to test or try your fix if I download an older driver.

13. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    The CCC bug is only cosmetic, and can be easily fixed by dragging the window to the corner of the screen.

• There's no text problems with XBMC for me (unlike 12.11 beta4)
    • No flickers in TF2, TDU2, Crysis or anything else I've tried.
    • Video is good.
    • No crashes, slowdowns or anything.

It's a temporary keeper. However my 7850 sounds like a vacuum cleaner with these drivers. This bug isn't that bad. I have an idle temperature of 29°C, and under load it's a massive 39°C.

:nerd:

14. Sagus

Sagus Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    Same visual corruption in CCC as above. And on top of that, first game I launched after installing these - Fallout: New Vegas - showed massive performance drop (to ~15fps), where it's been silky smooth before (~40-50fps).
    Went back to 12.8, and everything is fine again.

15. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    This Driver works well for me.

This is the first set of Drivers that I installed that didnt need any registry modifications to make Trifire/crossfire work properly. I did not have to disable ULPS this round again.

This Driver fixes the crazy Glitcheyness in "Sleeping Dogs" with tri-fire 7970's.

I like this driver so far!

I downloaded Catalyst 12.10 from the AMD site.

16. Huzzaa

Huzzaa Guest

GPU:
    ATI RADEON HD6950 OC x2
    I just wanted to point it out somewhere that for my rig, the last real driver that produced a proper picture was 12.6 and I just reverted back to it AGAIN.

Thing is, ingame and even outside of 3d applications it's literally visible how everything with more detail is blending in with it's background, text in-game is so god awfully blurry to read it destroyes my eyes.

You did a bad job AMD, once again, we salute you, problems since 1 month into the completion of this rig.

17. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    hmmm...
    Recently two interesting different viewpoints on these Drivers.

Its sad not knowing whether or not the next drivers will be better or worse. I never upgraded from 12.8 to 12.9 because I was thinking well these work fine for me why test something that might break it.... I have that mentality with driver updates. I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm a hardcore performance gamer rig type too and I just don't play with these driver updates as much as I used to.

(i actually thought my Sleeping Dog Glitches were due to FX CPU bulldozer) (okay i have an FX series CPU maybe i'm not so hardcore performance in that area)

I never used to have that thought that the next driver might kill my gaming in the 4800 series days. Something changed with Hardware and Gaming. I know for a fact games aren't programmed as well anymore Darn Ports...

but has AMD changed alot? my 4870 was ATI?

18. Tye:P

Tye:P Guest

GPU:
    6970 Tri-Fire (930/1425)
    For those with idle clock speed bug, this might be worth a look (haven't tested it):

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4431105#post4431105

My impressions and testing:

These drivers seem pretty good, so far. I'm running Tri-fire 6970's (OC'd) and have been stuck with the 12.1 because of the idle clock bug, among others, so I'm pretty happy that these are working at all. I read of a fix for the bug on these forums recently but never got to try it as I'm luckily not affected on this set. But since I read others have had this issue I thought I would post the thread above.

I've managed to play these games so far:
    (sorry I don't have the time at the moment to do benchmarks, maybe later)

Max Payne (3510 x 1920, Max. Settings, FXAA/2xMSAA) - Good
    Might & Magic Heroes VI (3510 x 1920, Max. Settings) - Good
    Oil Rush (3510 x1920, DX10\11, Max. Settings, 8xAA) - DX11 Bad\DX10 OK

Borderlands 2 (3510 x 1920, Max Settings, FXAA Very High/PhysX High) -
    Have to minimize and maximize every time a new area loads to restore normal crossfire performance for some reason. But performance is good once I do.

Blu-ray\DVD playback - Good (I had stuttering issues on a recent version).

The main problem I've had is an explorer.exe crash that happened at the desktop and while I was playing HOMM VI. This seemed to cause the far left monitor of my eyefinity to start tearing at the desktop when anything moves and now it always does; it wasn't before the crash.