Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    From an official FAQ posted on the CoD Community web page. Windows XP not supported. Directx 11. No fps cap.

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I want to see a video..Everything ive seen so far looks like 3-4 years old graphics!

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    All that has been shown was Xbox footage obviously. I really hope the best for this release :) It could have some great PC features after all.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    While its likely to look much better than previous games, it sounds like they are using DX11 more for increasing performance than for all out eye candy.

It’s a good idea though, even budget PC builds these days will have a quad core CPU, likely even a powerful one like a 2500 or even a 2600, and most people who played the previous game will have at least a semi-decent DX10 GPU.

Ditching XP is a brave move, and will no doubt cause a fair few people to whine and complain, but the time saved from not supporting DX9 and XP will likely make the port better.

It’s Ironic, but not a surprise that multi-platform games/developers are ditching DX9 before the PC exclusive games/dev’s

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, according to Steam only 10% are still running XP or don't have a DX10/11 GPU. I guess that's fine.
    On the other hand many people had and still have problems with BO and its high level of CPU usage/requirements.
    CoD hasn't been known for eye candy for a long time so I simply hope it'll run great on all systems and still deliver at least the graphical level of BO.
    If they keep the level size the new system and all that really sound like fun.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I cant wait to play this. A new freshment to my mp fps gaming. Bf3 is entertaining me but im sure when this game arrives, i will be playing this pls.

7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It will be interesting what they gonna come up with. I doubt i will be getting it tho. I miss WWII scene now.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    ^ Same here, I would freaking love a good new WWII fps (the original COD games were awesome). Bought Red Orchestra 2 on steam sale and it was a huge dissapointment.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I'd love to see some new WW2 shooters, even a "HD" remake of the older titles could be nice.
    RO2 didn't work for me either. Not as bad as Arma but not far from it either.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Looks promising but I'm wary because of how buggy the BO port was and this is their first time with DX 11.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It wasn't buggy at all really. It just didn't work well on C2D/C2Q or older AMD CPUs.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh ok, I said that because I remember the driver and game threads were full of complaints about stuttering in the first game. Anyways I'll wait one month for the Winter sale where they probably will put a 25% discount, going by their past trend.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Black Ops was a very CPU heavy game. Which is different from most of the other CoD games which normally fall more so on the GPU.
    The stuttering was caused by CPU issues.

But, for the most part, BO was just as polished and stable as any CoD release.

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Exactly. It may have needed much more CPU power than it should have and/or it was hard to see *why* it needed so much power (maybe the "dynamic" maps and all kinds of little details?) but it did and worked nicely when it had enough resources.

I can't remember any larger glitches, bugs or any huge changes to its balance throughout the whole time I've been playing it.

@lucidus: I can't remember a single CoD going on sale during the first year after its release, apart from the shoddy MW3.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I remember MW3 having a sale and it was a big launch for them, even if they don't put it on sale it'll be ok. I'll get the digital deluxe to get the bonus maps and WaW. I want to check out player feedback on both the game itself and the technical aspects. BTW are those map packs they release worth it? I mean are they widely played or people stick to the stock maps?

16. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Wow cannot wait.

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @lucidus: Yes, but it was only MW3. They even had the DLC on sale only 1-2 weeks after its release. MW3 must have sold really badly on PC.

The map packs are worth it if you know someone who has a server rented. The maps are good normally but many server owners tend to get back to the "vanilla" rotation once the player count drops.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That's awesome. Zombie bashing never gets old. :nerd:

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU: