Should marijuana be legalized?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ive noticed I have a shorter temper the next day if I smoke at night vs not smoking

Don't feel any different, apart from I've got much less patience with things I wouldn't normally care about

2. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    You can brew your own beer in house, don't see the brewers or Govt suffering from it.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    And you can make small batches of moonshine.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Easier to grow a plant than create a brewery, plus you have to buy all the ingredients / equipment to start off anyway so they're still getting your taxes from it one way or another

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol some fine "tobacco" and Im @ Critical Plus atm :smoke::D

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    History on illegal substances is very interesting since percieved harsher drugs had not been illegal when marijuana was; opium and cocain for starters. No idea why marijuana was the first drug to be against federal law. Personally do not like the effects from marijuana. Alcohol is engough of an altering substance for me.

Recreationally it is up to the Feds. Medicinal use, cannot argue the benefits individuals gain from it. If it were recreationally legalized, how would the tax dollars gained from the regulated sales be any diferent from how the drug cartels finance their operations? Just posing the question, nothing more.

Edit: in place of Feds, replace it with governments if desired.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The USA is not the only country/territory

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No it shouldn't

9. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    it should be legalized...why?
    in oposite to "legal" drugs, like cigarettes and alcohol in all forms u can c, and even aspirin...marihuana literally are proven to not be lethal, i mean, there is no documented death caused by it...
    nor it causing anger(like alcohol) or risky behaviour...it does oposite :) :"dude, why we drivin so fast(and 15mil/h on meter^^)

It grows faster than wood and can be good source of cellulose for making paper, or fiber for ropes...btw it was main reason why it was banned in past, woodcutters and so on make law to illegallize marijuana so they could control prices...and remain at lux positions...

Blah, till sec WW it was apothecary medicine found in drugstores in Poland(and other cauntries too I guess)

It does no harm to users, and major harm to country spending lots of money on prevention(police, drug cartel wars, black market, penalties hitting young ppl, nor criminals...)

10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I don't really get the pot fixation on either side- for or against.

There are far worse damaging drugs out there, both legal and not.

11. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm not 100% but I don't think drug cartels have much involvement with things like healthcare, education, road maintenance etc, things the government do with tax

+all the money they save from not policing it

12. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    why so it would be easier to add all sorts of bul**** into it? no thanks, just give me the bud! :infinity:

i have never been a big pot smoker either btw. i just feel people should be free. i for one would use it on occasion if i could legally purchase buds at a liquor store for example.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  13. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Whether it does more harm to your body than good... or the other way around, people are entitled to be responsible enough to take care of their own health.

I wouldn't have any problems with it being legal if it is treated with the same regulations as alcohol consumption. Otherwise, I can see it becoming a problem.

14. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    Good pot is not the easy to grow, plus you need to buy the proper equipment, lighting, chemicals (fertilizer) and such. Also forgot the electricity needed for the lighting and other equipment. So in the round about way the Gov will still make their tax money from home growers.

15. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    When the cartels feel that "their" teritory is being infringed upon, what then? The cartels just going to buckle under and give up more of a share of the profit to pay tax owed? Not sure how violent it will be but violence would soon follow. Then the government becomes the 800lbs. guerrilla on the block and they hate to share just like the cartels. Where does it end? How many lives would be lost for just how much money? Cannot the monetary value of a human life be calculated then in terms of this new funding stream? Is that the value then we would want to see in regards to life lost for governmental policy?

Las Vegas was started by the mob...when marijuana becomes legal what will the New Vegas be?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Uh, well I think you answered your own question. The fact that there are far worse drugs that are already legal is why the 'side' that says legalize it says to legalize it.

And Clouseau, I think you are a little confused. The US mafia made a killing off of prohibition, when prohibition ended the mafia soon followed. Kinda the opposite of what you were saying, you legalize weed here, the cartels will not have a leg to stand on. Capitalism will take over, and people will be able to get their weed cheaper and safer, even with the taxes (mass production). And we could stop locking up our own citizens for no reason.

17. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It will ofc upset some people involved in big time weed dealing and trafficking but 99% of weed dealers are small time and harmless, around here at least most of them deal just to fund their own smoke, they'll either have to go cheaper than the stores or just stop altogether. **** would hit the fan if cocaine and other class A's were legalised though I imagine

or maybe they could go legal if people could farm it legally for the government if it was under government supervision etc :infinity:

18. J.B.west

J.B.west Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX 660ti
    its already legal here in colorado:banana:

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yes! For all the reasons already mentioned. It is just an old and wrong way of things. I sometimes feel that no one cares about the health side of it, but more like keeping the things the way they are for the benefit of some people, in and out of the law.

20. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    This is the sort of thing, that stops me from fully supporting the legalization. I know quite a few potheads, that use it either daily or quite often, and I don't know. To me, they sure seem to have gone downhill after they started smokin' it more regularly, but maybe it isn't the exact root of their downhill slide, it could also be just a side effect.

The other thing, that bothers me is, that legalization could possibly provide a way for minors to get their hands on weed more easily. It makes me a bit depressed to see young kids go ahead and abuse alcohol and weed in their prime.