Wii U is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Penal Stingray, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Nintendo need to start selling the Wii-U with this controller included.

[​IMG]

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    that controller is really good :p

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Just picked up a WiiU myself and I'm loving Mario U/Zelda HD but for a Nintendo console that is a year old, the variety of original 'Nintendo' titles (AKA titles you can't get on other platforms Kart, DK etc) is bloody awful.

You'd expect the big franchises to have horses in the race at this point.

I've always liked Nintendo because they offer something a little different than Sony/MS but wow do they need to get some 'Nintendoesque' games out there quick smart.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The vita has more games than the wiiu, now thats saying something.

I hope nintendo are just being their normal conservative selves and are just being mum about it, though id imagine xmas is normally a large chunk of their annual income, so to not have anything other than the two new mario games seems a bit of a shame.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Thet have some big games coming out in 2014. But you have to remember that they need more 3rd party support. No one cares about EA not making games for the Wii-U, but it does need more AAA games. Nintendo games are the most fun you can have with a video game, that will never change. But sadly all kids care about these days is COD, BF4, FIFA, the same crap year after year.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dont get me wrong, the only reason Id buy a Nintendo product would be for Nintendo games, couldnt care less about third party CODs and Thirdperson sticky shooters, unless they're nintendo ips.

I think its safe to say, that in todays gaming industry, Nintendo are probably the only ones who remember what games are about, everyone else can keep their trophies and achievements, excessive violence and tween angst online mp, Nintendo has alway put core gameplay first, even if it means getting accused of rehashing and not changing formulas (cant fix what ant broke).

I find the older i get, the less interest i have in the 'Bullet-massacre-simulator 5000' type games and go back to games that are light hearted fun, while still being challenging (if not even more so) more chilled setting.

I personally feel like the gaming industry is to focused on the Hollywood effect and not focused enough on what makes a game a game. Imo, the majority of games and genres have strayed so far from being games as to be more like simulators (physics etc aside), people dont seem to want fun anymore, they want a rush/instant gratification, very different things.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Very nicely said. The mindset of today's gamers is that it must be ultra violent with adult themes for it to be accepted. Too much focus on online games, which is part of the problem. But also where much of the rage and anger stems from. It's like people enjoy going insane while playing a game online. Blaming weapons, players, anything that makes them feel better about not getting a god like kill streak of 100 kills without dying.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I agree.

I feel like that even though the internet and the high speed social tools we have, have allowed us to be connected and closer than ever, their also part of a wider problem that nobody really talks about...

That being, that even though we leave school/work for the day, we're re-connected with others the moment we get on the train or in the front door at home and while it's a distant form of socializing, we're not giving ourselves any down time from each other. Instead we've traded in relaxing for 24/7 competitiveness via pointless arguments over facebook/forums, or through abusing each other in mp gaming. I know that's not how everyone is, no different to how not everyone is a drop-kick after a few drinks, but i think the majority of people have hard time limiting their consumption and knowing when to cut themselves off.

By no means am i saying mp gaming is the problem, just the fact that most have forgotten that gaming use to be away to get out of the real world and have some fun, with mp being reserved for those games that where exclusivly mp, eg; counter-strike/quake3/ut - those being/having their own tough talking and sometimes overly abusive players, but it was normally contained to that particuler game/server and didnt spill out to all areas of gaming.

Today though, i cant seem to have a decent conversation with a 'casual gamer', instead of being interested in the story, character design (either gfx or story purpose), tactics etc, without them going over the top of me to ask if i've got a certain pointless trophy/achievement, to which if i reply with 'No', i get a somewhat rude reply of a mix between being called gay/useless with a few profanities thrown in. I mean, what else are your going to glue your sentences together with... right.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    One has to remember that if you never owned Wii, there's a huge catalog of really awesome games for Wii U there. :D I just bought 4 Wii games for the Wii U.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Yeap, two consoles in one, and the Wii-u might not upscale wii games but the diffrence in picture for wii games via HDMI is most welcome.

11. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Donkey Kong Country Returns... nuff said.

sequel coming out in a few months.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^lol, that YT video is 1hr:22 mins long, and 38 mins are of a static screen. lol

That X looks impressive though, it has a bit of a MMO look about it.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yep, I got that too, especially looking at the player names, they're "tester" and "player [2-4]" rather than fictional character names, which you would expect at this stage of development (the first trailer was near a year ago as well).

So I guess SP mostly with optional MP maybe?

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's not uncommon for a mobile device to have more titles than a console though.

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well i have just started playing Deux Ex HR on the wii-u, and it is fantastic, the game looks glorious, and the gamepad integration is brilliant, if i were to get 5 games of this quality a year for the wii-u i would be as happy as a british mp filling in their expenses forms. :)

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Of course it's better than the second coming, the Wii-u is a physical tangible object, the second coming is a man made fantasy. lol

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    true that true that

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    just got me a dk country tropical freeze. download is super slow , i cant wait to play it :D