Geforce 6600 GT High idle Temp?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Jameshuden, Sep 2, 2005.

1. rebelflag

rebelflag Active Member

GPU:
    2X XFX GTX 260 Black Ed
    I am thinking about going to the vantec Iceberg5 on mine. Anyone know anything about that fan? I am also curious as to whether it will leave enough room to run 2 in SLI on my board. Any one know?

2. Firstperson

Firstperson Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080 Super
    For better reasons use the newest driver. 78.03 seems great.

I have an XFX 6600GT, agp, with a zalman CU. what I also did is put a fan blowing in from the side of my case. That dropped my idle temps and extra 5degC. I am now running 46-50 idle and 60-62 load depending on ambient room temp.

70-80 load i think is fine, going over 100 I would start to worry. either you case has Zero air flow or the heat sink is not sitting correctly

Later

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  3. fabolaos

fabolaos Guest

with my card with zalman.. my card idles at 42c fulload at 50c

4. Ish

Ish Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    mine is running stock at 40 idle and 92 Full load.. im using articsilver and stock heatsink and fan.

my system temp is 30c and my Cpu is 32-45c full load

seems like these cards get hot.

5. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    the temps r pritty high :)
    mod it with a zalman vf700cu and ur problem is solved (if not, then its a driver problem)

6. rebelflag

rebelflag Active Member

GPU:
    2X XFX GTX 260 Black Ed
    Just added a second 6600GT (both evga) and put Vantec Iceberq5 coolers on both. Idle temps have gone down to 40C (havent checked load temps yet) and no more artifacts in 3DMark03 or 05. Tight fit in SLI with both coolers but much better temps. The one in slot1 does seem to run about 4-5 degrees warmer than the one in slot 2.

As for the stock coolers they are crap. The paint on them has to affect the heat transfer, and neither of the bottoms of mine were flat across the surface. I was probably only getting about 60% contact with the GPU according to the machine shop where I work.

7. Jameshuden

Jameshuden Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
    Ok well first off when I pulled the fan and heatsink no they were not flat surfaces. I did not clean or scrape anything off of them all I did Is add some OCZ Ultra II. Should I have cleaned the bottom of the heatsink and fan to make the surfaces flat? As for my temps--- Case 26C - CPU 36C to 38C - GPU Stock 60C to 63C Idle, 70C to 90C full load on all games but Earth 2160 for some reason will push the temps well over 100C to 110C..

8. rebelflag

rebelflag Active Member

GPU:
    2X XFX GTX 260 Black Ed
    I would replace the stock fan with either the vantec I used, or the Zalman.

9. fabolaos

fabolaos Guest

get zalman.. my temp are 42c idle..47c full load