DICE: No mods for Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 14, 2013.

1. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    iv never played anything with mods so no big deal

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Hopefully we will get to see Daquing Oilfields, Fushe Pass, Dragon Valley and Dalian Plant. I know Dragon Valley and Fushe Pass were China based so we may see something as China is in the game. Even if its in the form of good dlc i dont mind there being no mods as long as core game is good.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  3. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    So much this.

What made me stop playing Battlefield were their outright lies and deceiving.

When Battlefield 3 was announced, and cod black ops was too, I remember the smear tactic Dice was running by making fun of Cod Elite and talking about how they would never follow that path.
    Or how their games wasn't another cod game. then BF3 released and the cluster**** that was metro 64/64. unbelievable choke points in their maps.

Then all their really dumb ideas for color grading, and actually NOT implementing the full destruction capabilities of their engine. that seriously pissed me off, they talked about so much
    Before release, then just after they're like "oh yeah, full destruction is not available, BUT if you buy the back to karkand map, you can get just a BIT more destruction."

Then came their bull**** CQB dlc, which just turned it flat out into cod. and then their premium service which they said they would never do turned the game into a ****ing disgrace with PREMIUM all over it.

**** you Dice, you took a good thing and absolutely ruined it with bull**** like that. I don't think I've ever been so mischieved by a game like this, other than brink (also **** brink to hell and back)

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I've clocked 870 hours on premium BF3 - loving it.

Forget what I paid, but it reckon it was north of £50 and that works out to a lot of entertainment for the money, compared to Man of Steel which was £12 and 2 hours of non-interaction.

Games are great value for money in this regard - but Grid 2 was like £30 and I barely got a weekend out of it before uninstalling.

TF2 is another great VFM game I bought in like 2005 or something, and I got Portal with it and Half life 2 episode 2 - still play these games today.

Another poor VFM but very entertaining game is GTA4 - I clocked it in under a week and although I still have it installed, it really is not something I play tbh, even though I think it's a quality game. I also got the DLC's for it. Lost and Damned and Ballard of Gay Tony, that lasted about another week each.

It really depends on your perspective of what constitutes VFM, and that's something only you can decide.

BF4, FYI, has been in development longer than BF3 and was started prior to it - maybe this is why BF3 feels and looks a lot like the bastard child of Bad company 2 and BF2 - but I never played CoD.

I like the option of having tanks v tanks or troops v troops from a map perspective.

5. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    To each their own I guess haha. But after BF3, anything that is by Dice will go under a microscope before I decide to buy it.
    just the same as I had way, way more in BC2 than BF3. Maybe BF4 will be better, but I'm not getting duped again.

6. swISS

swISS Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980 Ti
    Arma 3 is already out in Beta and by far better than Battlefield 4 will ever be ;)

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Comparing a military sim to an arcade shooter is just dumb. They're 2 completely different types of games. And since you can see the future, care to pm me Wednesdays Powerball numbers? :nerd:

8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I enjoy battlefield and arma because they are totally different games.. kill me right?

9. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    BF3 and CoD are both first person shooters but beyond that they couldn't be more different. For me CoD is 1000x more fun than BF, even if BF does look amazing. Gameplay > GFX 100% of the time and CoD is just a lot more fun to play IMO. It really comes down to which style of FPS you prefer.

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    No Mods no Glory.

Now give me Fortnite.

11. Smexy

Smexy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 770 2GB
    They don't want mod or custom map support because it will ruin their cash cow that is DLC and it will keep the game alive longer than they want. I mean if BF3 was moddable a lot less people would buy BF4... But I always believed the opposite, because if you respect a company enough you'll buy their sequel just to support them. Oh well PC gaming will always have indie devs that are willing to take a chance, ie chivalry, star citizen.. Imagine BF4 with mod support... So many possibilities. DINOSAURS LOL

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This, DICE could easily release mod support for BF4 and gain alot of respect and possible increased sales without losing too much profit. They dont want to do that cause there a greedy bunch. If there gonna go with no mod support then they should pull out all the stops and make the game the best BF game ever with every single feature included and nothing left out.