Rift Storm Legion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Calmmo, Oct 19, 2012.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    looks great

2. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
  3. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    How is the performance nowadays? I played RIFT too at launch quit before 1.3 or 1.4 i think (before rogue got buffed) and i quite liked it but the EU Servers are almost dead :( that's the reason me and some friends quit.

But really that screenshots are amazing but like i said hope the gamebryo engine got at least a bit optimized, it was a diashow back then with my i7 920 and GTX580 when there was some people at rift events.

4. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It already runs better. Esp considering how small the old servers were compared to the current ones (the capacity of each server is almost double that of early 1.x)
    The lag issues are mainly raid related since all the physics are handled servers side, and when on like.. reset days a ton of guilds run the same raids at the same hour on those congested servers (such as Icewatch or Faeblight) things start to get a bit lagy.

I cant really comment on the Beta because being used to being on a packed server im used to being in areas with loads of people and a little bit of extra lag because of that. The beta server is on US ground so even tho there is quite a bit of latency it runs pretty smooth. One thing i can say for sure tho is that Original rift server load would run with no issues at all now on current live ones.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Looks amazing, love that night sky horse mount, whatever it is, it looks epic!

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hmm i might subscribe again. WoW is too boring now, GW2 is amazing, but lacks PVE (not into PvP really). Perhaps i will enjoy Rift this time around.

7. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

I like Rift a lot. In fact I just bought the 1 year sub + expansion pack for $119 US. That puts the monthly charge at about $6.50 a month. How awesome is that? Worth every penny imo.

If you guys have not seen the gamespot demo of player housing you need to check iy out. It's amazing. Here is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6y8vINdN-w

I would take Rift over GW2 but I don't care so much for pvp so...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  8. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

I could play beta but I really don't want to, to be honest. I got a 1 year sub+expansion pack deal but I want it to be "new" when I do get to play it. :)

So how is it so far? Having fun with it?

9. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Well im not in it for the fun tbh :p , just need to learn as much as possible from the new soul and test some higher point specs for raiding. But yeh the areas in general do look better from a design standpoint.

There was so much QQ about the original continent looking meh for the most part, so the two new green-techy/death themed continents should make the avg player happy :p Mobs seem still pretty condensed but slightly more spread so that you dont have to deal with packs of mobs this time around.

Dunno if new players will like the lack of macroable specs this time around tho. (esp considering the soul system is infinite times more complex than more streamlined games such as wow) In 1.x ppl QQed about specs not having enough buttons due to macros, and now theres already a QQ thread about the lack of macro specs.. go figure

10. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Have they optimized the game any better. That's one area that bugs me. From what I understand it only supports one core no matter the cpu.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    few pics from Eastern Holdings

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Alex, what shard are you on? seriously considering going back to Rift right now, let me know and if you're on EU then I would join and shower you with a lot of questions (been away from the game for months so a lot has been forgotten).

13. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    yeh ill pm the info

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    cheers dude.

15. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

ah man the pic are not working :(

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what pics? I'm gonna be on in a bit.

17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    it uses more cores, but not equally, otherwise performance still sucks. Thats why im not going to buy expansion.

18. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

The ones Alex posted

19. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Thanks fior the pics alex, how do you post the pics like that from imageshack? When I do it, it makes small boxes.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    posted a few screenshots from today with SweetFX, it's far from perfect but here you go, have a look http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4438391&postcount=507

Any tips on improving performance btw? it's good at most part, but I can imagine in busy situations it'll drop considerably, like it used to back in the day when I did raid rifts, but that was on my old rig. What is the biggest performance killer apart from AA of course?