How to use your PSP to monitor GPU temps and other stats

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by JacobBruce, Mar 8, 2011.

1. JacobBruce

JacobBruce Guest

GPU:
    GTX 285
    Hi guys, I just signed up to share a little app I made. Some of you guys may find interesting or useful.

I always like to keep an eye on the temperature of my video card when playing a game, but that can some times be a hard task whilst playing a full screen game. Yes, there is of course software such as RivaTuner or MSI Afterburner (which also uses RivaTuner) that have the ability to overlay information such as the GPU temp(s) onto the screen, but they don't work with all games and the anti-cheat system in steam has been known to ban players running software that use OSD's. Furthermore, I can't even make RivaTuner work at all after hours of messing around with it. I was left with very few options, and in the end I came up with a method of my own that allows me to wirelessly view my GPU temp and GPU load (but that can be changed) on my PSP.

Read more and download app here: PC Health Monitor for PSP

EDIT: Wow, posted this here and at overclockers.com, and they just banned me! I did not post this with the intention of spamming, if you guys don't want a FREE program (with full source) that will let you view GPU temps on your PSP be my guest. I hope this forum is a bit less intense, I feel like a dirty spammer now.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  2. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 c216 @ 780core
    Never had a need for such a thing and with as closely as these folks worked with the team to get afterburner ready I doubt you will find many here wanting it. and not all have a psp how about making it to work on ps3-xbox-mobile phone......

3. yeaNutz

yeaNutz Member

GPU:
    Zotek Geforce GTX580
    Oh Yea, would love an app that will allow me to send stats directly to my windows mobile, almost something like the logitech G19 keyboards screen,but much more real estate. allowing user defined placing of items .

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Damn, sold my PSP 2 weeks ago because I never used it. I probably would have used this.
    But Afterburner always has worked fine for me. Oh well.

5. JacobBruce

JacobBruce Guest

GPU:
    GTX 285
    It DOES work with ANY web enabled portable device. If your device has the ability to view a simple (X)HTML page, and the screen is big enough the fit the table, or part of it, then you are in business. GPU-Z allows you to define which stats get logged, so it is user defined also.

EDIT: And if you are using a device such as an I-Phone, you don't need a wireless network for it to access the internet. If you set up a local server you wont even need an internet connection (but you'll need a wireless network in that case).

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011