game for windows live. the conversion to steam STARTS!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dsbig, Oct 18, 2013.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    people been pirating games sense the floppy disc came out.

I miss floppy disc..

anybody notice the instruction they are giving for entering the keys are worded wrong..

1. Click ADD A GAME.... (there isnt a tab called this. it just called "Games"

2. Select Activate a Product on Steam..

3. Click Next.

4. Click I Agree.

5. Enter your CD Key and select next once the game finishes downloading you will be able to play the game.

I was confused at first...I was looking for ADD A GAME:infinity:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Games that dont come on PC dont come because they push hardware sales /exclusivity
    Those that come late come late for the aforementioned reason and for the double dip effect. Aka PC gamers who will buy the likes of GTA and w/e Ubi yearly franchise game twice because they cannot wait 6 months. As for the argument of piracy, when it comes to franchises and brand names, irregardless of what corporate weasels are willing to say in public, they actually help boost their sales by spreading awareness of their product long term. It's as usual the small time companies and indie devs that get the shaft on that front. You know, the ones that don't even use DRM and dont rely on franchising

3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Try looking at the bottom left of Steam

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    I know, right? :p

5. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    A load of crap quite frankly.

There are two major crowds of gamers, PC gamers and Console gamers.
    And in between the two we have a comparatively small minority that will do both.
    Nor has console exclusives like Halo 3 and forward ever been the driving force of Xbox sales.

Microsoft has far more to gain from releasing the rest of the Halo series on Windows than they have to loose from it.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Steam has nothing to do with this phenomenon, it's all up to the publisher/developer. The rumor is that GFWL is being shut down, so developers are starting to remove it and switch to Steamworks. Nothing has been officially confirmed yet, nor are all GFWL games necessarily going to be "fixed"

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's not a rumor, Microsoft is shutting down the service. They've already closed the store and will have the entire program offline, IIRC, by mid next year.

So, at this point, yes it is in the hands of publishers and how their respective games are handled. Games like Gears of War and HALO 2 are an odd duck, as they are MS games... with their PC service being closed... how will they decide to handle their own PC titles?

Other titles, most publishers have already taken steps. Like Warner Bros with Batman, 2K with BioShock 2... and others.
    Fallout 3 will most likely go STEAMworks since Bethesda is very pro Steam.
    Then, with games like BulletStorm, with it being an EA title... it'll most likely end up an Origin product.
    So, it's just a waiting game at the moment. Sit and see how each publisher decides to deal with it.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Halo 2 and GOW, i own both of those on pc, never thought about it until you brought it up. I remember playing H2 mp over tunngle after ms shutdown the servers.

GoW was cool to.... i spoze.

Hopefully ms will just patch in the ability for dedicated servers for H2. Hopefully.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Gears of War... looks good. But, the game gets pretty dull due to the repetitive environments, uninteresting characters and crap story.
    It's why Gears 2 should be ported over. It's a much better game in pretty much every way.

10. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    hope dark souls lose its GFWL as well u__u

11. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    It's a good idea to keep an close eye on GamingWiki as they tend to keep an eye on the games...and the retail Batman:AA keys still don't work on Steam but they're on it.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I unlocked my evga gift version of 3dmark on steam this morning, when I tried months ago when I first got it the thing wouldn't register.
    won't accept my AC code which is a shame as I'd like to complete dlc and cba disc installing and doing the gfwl thing, I done it recently with street fighter arcade.

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Just noticed that steam upgraded my AC to GOTY version. Nice.

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It hasn't been OFFICIALLY confirmed yet. One can assume, but as I said, the only hint at any official word was on a forum post that has since been taken down.

15. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    An official memo was posted on MS's support and has been deleted since.

GFWL, this ****ing abomination, is shutting down on the 1st of July 2014.

16. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    They only probably took it down because they wanted to make as much money as they can before the service shuts down

Either way GFWL is the most useless POS going backed up by abysmal support from Xbox Live who ask you for a console ID in regards to GFWL :3eyes:

[​IMG]

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    steam service is now accepting the games for windows keys for the batman games.

although batman arkham city wanted to also install an "unknown app" with the game ,but errored out anyway for it. dont know what is was.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I still can't redeem my retail GFWL Batman AA.

19. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    If you want GFWL to benchmark then must keep OFFLINE mode. ;)

20. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I'm not interested in benchmarking Arkham Asylum, there are more relevant ones available now. ;)

GFWL's death is the best thing that happened this year.