Calm, Relaxing & Soothing Music - What Would You Gurus Recommend?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by kanej2007, Nov 26, 2012.

1. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
  2. Bornslip

Bornslip Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
  3. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    before anything,you should see a doctor.
    /
    during spanish summers i suffer greatly of lack of sleep.
    i was born and raised in N Europe,cold is my best friend when i want to sleep like a rock.
    tricks i used to get some good hours of sleep.
    bought a ¨helmet¨ wich inside is stuffed,padded with a gel than can be cooled or warmed ,head and brain was cooler than the rest if the body,slept like a baby.
    problem is that this helmet is hand made so i doubt than you can find something similar.
    What can you do-buy this[​IMG] and add some cosmetic pads inside,the ones ladies keep in the freezer then apply on the eyes area.You catch my drift.
    Yes.it is funny as hell go sleep with that ,but gave me back my sleep.Hell,if it not helps,atleast you can think cool.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
  6. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    I have problems sleeping a times.

What I mainly do is exercise, when i didn't do that before it was terrible sleeping at night. The best part about it is I just feel a lot more "clean".

You have to force yourself into a routine. It sucks at first but wow what a life changer it is. I sleep better, feel better and naturally look better. You can even enjoy a few glasses of wine at in the evening and boy you get a super good sleep.

Plenty of water also.. not only is it just plain old good for you but it removes all the crap you don't need in your body.

And for the record a 9 hour working day, 5 days a week is damn good in Dubai compared to other private/semi private organizations.

I used to work 10-11 hours a day even being emirati. Now since I have built my CV a tone i work your hours, but with no lunch break.. feels very good going home when the sun is up for a change.

As for the weather.. well for me its perfect right now and not even humid (but hey im from here for of course this is good for me). It'll get better don't worry bro :).

Also I usually watch something in bed to fall asleep.. a good movie or tv show/documentary.

Keep us up to date on how things go and remember you also have a friend in Dubai :)

****EDIT****

You have Sunday and Monday off? National day FTW! Also check some of the songs from Röyksopp. They have some pretty decent relaxing songs. I like "So easy"

7. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
  8. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
  9. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Tibetan meditation music.

Link

10. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    What helps me sleep is listening to rainstorms or thunderstorms.

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I really like Smooth jazz or Atmosphere music to calm and relax me.

12. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
  13. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
  14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Solar Fields.

15. DLG

DLG Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP 1080Ti

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha, looks funny, it's like a robber who just robbed a house & fell asleep.

I too am used to sleeping in a cold country like the UK. However, it a hotter country having humidity it can be difficult to sleep at times. It's strange that I'm usually sleepy during the day & more awake/active at night. It should be the opposite.

With regards to exercise, I do exercise but not on a daily basis, every now & then. Difficulty with sleep varies, somestimes I'm able to fall asleep fast whereas at times I toss & turn all night...

Even when sleeping I MUST wake up in the middle of the night, regardless.

There has not been a single day in almost 2 years where I've woken up ti the sound of the alarm due to being awake far earlier.

I'd say I get an average of 4-5 hours of sleep per day as waking up at 5-6 in the morning is guaranteed. Getting back to sleep is the hard part, very rarely do I fall back asleep.

I drink plenty of water during the day but far less at night. If I drink too many liquids at night I will need to go to the toilet more than once at night which then again disturbs my sleep.

Sometimes I watch movies at night before I sleep. If it's a long and slow movie it can help to put you in the mood to sleep.

As for the national day holidays, we only get the Sunday off as were private sector. Since you work in a public sector company you get the extra day off which is a monday. However, I've taken the thursday off to make my holiday 4 days instead of 3. Worst thing about my job is not only the hours but the distance & traffic. Where I work it takes just under an hour to get to work but over an hour to get back making my time spent at work almost 12 hours.

I'm currently looking for a better job that will pay me a decent salary. From what I can see & from what everyone is telling me I'm getting underpaid. On top of this there are no benefits at all.

I've been almost 2 years in the same company which is enough to be added to my CV as well as experience from the company. If you know of any good companies recruiting, let me know!

One more thing, if you can help or suggest a solution for this problem. Last week I did something wrong, unknown what it was for sure but I got a large fine of 2000 aed for 'wreckless driving' . I don't know if it was for speeding or revving but I don't remember exactly what it was I did wrong since it does not mention what I did wrong.

It seems they want my car unless I pay 2000 for the fine plus 3000 to keep the car otherwise it's taken for a month or so. Is there anyway I can pay in installments or come to an agreement or is there no way out? Without my car I'm unable to get to work so I hope I'm not screwed. I've got a month to solve this issue since I got an sms message saying to visit the police station & present my license...

Here is a screenshot of the fine:

[​IMG]

17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I listened to some of their albums in youtube, one word, AMAZING, thanks.

This. Also great relaxing music, cheers.

As for the other gurus, thanks for your input, I have so much to check out.

18. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu

Only advice I can give is not to get too deep in debt, they have debtors prison over there.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    He's the guy behind the Mirror's Edge soundtrack (except Still Alive obviously).

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080