ZipZoomFly.com is going out of business!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Renegade8100, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    This has been my number 1 favorite computer part purchasing website. I am shocked and awed. Everything they have it sold out and anything left is low price.

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Well, Newegg.com had them beat for a long time; there just wasn't enough room for the competition between the two.

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Hmm, this was my 2nd choice for purchasing hardware, although I used them more when they were googlegear. In more recent years I noticed that they either had less and less, orwere out of stock on most things, [I did purchase my Silverstone NV-1000 from them though, as they were cheaper than newegg + free shipping].

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Link? Cause their site says nothing of this and when you google this question it brings up this thread. :3eyes:

5. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Check all of their inventory, liquidated. I spent at least 5g's on that website. I have not actually seen anything saying this but the results are apparent. I figured I was the first to notice.

What drew me to zipzoomfly was originally free 2nd day fedex shipping with competitive prices in comparison to newegg, monarch, tigerdirect, etc. They also didnt rip you off with shipping prices after they killed free 2nd day. Their support reps helped and were accommodating, and finally I got everything in a timely manner without any defective products. I do like newegg but they have a warehouse in edison nj and so have nj taxes.

6. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Still no where does it say they are going out of business... I believe this is pre-mature to think they are.

7. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Another renegade thread.

8. FlipKay

FlipKay Guest

GPU:
    Winfast GeForce 256
    I'd say they're out of business

When you go to www.zipzoomfly.com now, all the site says is "CHECK BACK SOON!" They're either doing site maintenance or the business isn't viable any more. You choose.

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    zipzoom who? and this thread has been dead 14 months lol

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    They got in trouble with the better business bureau last time I checked, and were under investigation.

11. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    Yep ZipZoomFly (formally known as GoogleGear) is done folks, I used to use them exclusively for many years. Too bad they had great prices and customer support. Very seldom did I have to return something but when I did it was without problems.