AMD Radeon Crimson 17.7.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by trevtrev19, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yes Just Cause 3 is ****ed up. FS only works in windowed mode(WTF!!)

According to AMD Vsync=ON should work with FS doing normal Vsync past the max refresh, essentially frame limiting at max refresh, but nope

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Enhanced Sync

NVIDIA’s Fast Sync finally gets a competitor. With 17.7.2 driver AMD introduces an alternative to VSync called Enhanced Sync. I’m not going to explain how this works here, but what you need to know is that it will give you the advantages of VSync without the latency caused by synchronization with the display. No more tearing and no more lag.

Relive at 100 MB/s

Relive will now allow you to save the recordings at a higher bitrate. You will now be able to record at 100 Mb/s. The Relive in 17.7.2 driver will also allow you to add a webcam to the stream and boost the volume of the microphone from within the Radeon panel.

Radeon Chill now on laptops

Radeon Chill will now be enabled for mobile graphics cards, multi-GPU configurations and also external graphics cards. In case you don’t know what Radeon Chill is, it’s basically a frame limiting tool to lower power consumption and the heat.

Full changelog will be released tomorrow/today.

3. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    :3eyes: Forcing V-sync in Radeon Settings works fine here. What exactly do you mean by "does not work"?

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Never worked here mate

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  6. hyp36rmax

hyp36rmax Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080TI FTW
    Somewhat correct. You have to have your FPS capped to the max refresh of your freesync range. Vsync not required.

E.G.: ASUS MG279Q 1440P @144hz Monitor with a Freesync range of 35-90hz. Cap FPS at 90hz and Freesync works flawlessly. This can be done by changing in-game refresh rate without changing the monitor refresh rate or cap the FPS at 90.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    What will probably be the 17.7.2 URL is displaying a 401: Unauthorized error now instead of 404: Not found so it's probably not too long now until these are released. :)
    (EDIT: That's this URL. - http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...mson-ReLive-Edition-17.7.2-Release-Notes.aspx basically just swap the number.)

Will be interesting to see what's in the release notes, probably going to be another driver branch update too. (Probably 17.20.xx which might have some interesting changes to it, newer Vulkan driver too perhaps but who knows.)

Just in time for the Vega GPU release too even if initial results have been a bit mixed.
    (Drivers could make a bit of a difference but I don't know how well that holds up for newer AMD GPU's anymore, probably a fairly small gain unless said game was totally borked before getting fixed via driver workarounds. :D )

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    look here ->

Error

The following file(s) have been blocked by the administrator: /en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.7.2-july26.exe

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

PS. Now we know date ;)

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice. :)

Hopefully not too long now until release.

Not like you have to upgrade of course but it's fun trying new drivers and seeing what they might have added, fixed, tweaked and so on and of course time zone differences also sees AMD usually releasing driver updates late in the evening or even during the night for us here in western Europe but that's just how it is.

Perhaps one of these days the legacy CCC part will be no more either and every missing setting will finally have been migrated over to Crimson / CNext / RadeonSettins. (And whatever other name it might have, think it's RadeonSetting.exe now instead of CNext.exe but what changed months ago.)

EDIT: Though I guess what people really want to see is for AMD to close in on the performance gap a bit further if at all possible, particularly for DX11 even if it's improved little by little already.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Performance/wallet wise the Fury Fiji HBM based GPUs are the Best to date !
    1440p and 4096p 50-70FPS scenarios :)

I can Play 1440p FreeSync 60-70FPS with Fury easy.
    Not in DOOM vulcan but in Forza H3 with MSAAx4

For ~630€ (GPU + Monitor) it's a Best of the Best 2016-> Q3 2017 for me.
    And im thinking that ATI can harness up to 8-15% more with Fiji ;) in Drivers+Optimisations only.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017

11. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4ypw5k/freesync_is_so_fcking_awesome/d6zl13v/?context=3

12. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Correct me if im wrong but that would break freesync. You should never cap your refresh rate when using freesync to use freesync you cap it by using vsync thats the proper way !!! ?

but with these new drivers it is now possible to cap your refresh rate without vsync ?

13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Via DXGI hook I guess. The real challenge is to not cause malfunctions of applications that for some reason manipulate the frame latency in some strange ways (legit or not), the same issue of course apply to v-sync (though that issue should be easier) and swap-chain back-buffers (which is the main reason AMD fallows Microsoft recommendation to not interfere with application swap-chain manipulation, which can be really tricky).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You are 100% correct :infinity:

Yes.
    My question is will there be tearing with this new DVC when combined with FS.
    I think yes :(

With AMD's Enhanced Sync(Nvidia's Fast Sync) there will be no tearing because only full frames are rendered. Also it should be possible to combine it with FreeSync (G-sync+Fast Sync is a working combo)

now... when.. :bang:

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

16. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was right, FreeSync + Enhanced Vsync is the way to go if you own a FreeSync monitor.