Creative Sound Blaster Z Series

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by IanM, Aug 15, 2012.

1. F3ckB9LL

F3ckB9LL Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
    Hi gurus , Im a bit disappointed, today i've bought the lastest Soundblaster Z card ( sb1500 ) , but it's a bulk version, so no cd-rom , mic, red case and so on ... just the card .

The card is now in my m/b , and recognised with w7 x64 as "High definition Audio" , it plays sounds , but I still doesnt have any drivers or software from creative ..

If someone got drivers , softwares , or for the best the iso of the install disc , it will be a great help for me .. Thanks :)

btw There's no drivers on the official website . this is why I asked ... :infinity:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. rincewind

rincewind Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680
    I will copy the drivers up later on.

3. Corvus.Corax

Corvus.Corax Member

GPU:
    Asus 7970 DirectCU 2
    Hehe, seems rincewind beat me to this. Anyway, I sent you a pm regarding the drivers.

4. F3ckB9LL

F3ckB9LL Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
    OK a BIG Thank YOU so much Corvus.Corax ;)

Downloading now , and the zip archive is 220Mb, I tell you when I finished ;)

Thanks again :) I love internet in that way :p

5. F3ckB9LL

F3ckB9LL Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
    hmm the zip archive is bit in disorder everything have changed name , i've got everything but it's a huge mess .. :/

Finally got the whole CD thanks again Corvus.Corax :) it was great

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

In the case if someone wanted them too I've reuploaded here
    ==> Full cd install ( 7z compressed archive ) <==

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  6. Mr_Twinky

Mr_Twinky Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Vega56
    Sound Blaster Z CD

.ZIP download
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/4xnb09zz3i19/SoundBlaster_Z_CD.zip

This is for OEM users that bought a Z series like i did.
    Creative have not got these drivers or the software needed on the site which you have most likely noticed.

I found this copy of the files from the cd on another fourm after a hour of searching.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/518c...laster_Z_CD.7z

I've uploaded this to my "file factory" account and im spreading it so others will find it easier to find these drivers when buying a OEM version of a Z so Creative doesn't get a bad name.

I love Creative
    Besides for what happened today when i finely got my Sound Card and what happened to my Volume Knob of my Creative Inspire T6200 speakers.
    (It broke after 1-2months and i have to keep them turned up full and control volume from windows, And creative are only willing to give me 10% off from there shop to replace them, No out of warrenty repairs )

Oh and the Z series do not offer EAX presets like Jazz Club, Stone Hall, Royal Hall, etc BIG LET DOWN loved the Jazz Club sound

I will probably up load the cd again in a ".zip" but in the mean time you'll need to use "7Zip" or WinRar to open it.

I've scanned the guys file with the most up to date versions of Spybot and AVG and its fine. Feel free to do the same your self

You could write the files to cd again its a complete copy of everything from the cd Autorun.ini points to "Audio\setup.exe"
    Thats the setup.exe you want to run its the one that launchs when you put the cd in and it auto loads (For people that don't know these things)

Hope this helps everyone who was in the same place as me.

Win Rar 32bit Eng http://rarlabs.com/rar/wrar420.exe
    Win Rar 64bit Eng http://rarlabs.com/rar/winrar-x64-420.exe

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  7. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Same here, i still wanne know if the upgrades worth it.
    And i am still curious what the difference is between the ZX and the Z.

And another question why is it only me btw that asks these questions ?
    Alright the next question is this one its a bit confusing for me but i try to explain.

The Zx version also got a volume control thing, but now comes the weird part my speakers set is a gigaworks t3 that also comes with an volume control panel, so guys if i buy the zx then i have 2 volume controls ?
    And how does it work then they dont interrupt each other ?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  8. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    The ZX has some higher quality components on the pcb as well as the pod. I read that on the creative forum. The ZxR has the highest quality components including Op-Amps. The Op-Amps are easily changeable too.

9. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    A question:

Do you still have treble/bass control with these Z cards? I have tried the Recon3D before and that one didn't have treble/bass control so i have returned it.

10. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    It has full EQ and more. Separate speaker setup, and full Pro Studio with Crystalizer settings, EQ and lots more.

11. BlackbirdCaD

BlackbirdCaD Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 660 TwinFr
    So that's a no then.
    I'm not interested in fiddling with a complicated EQ, all i want is a simple bass and treble setting.

12. BlackbirdCaD

BlackbirdCaD Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 660 TwinFr
    It would be really interesting to see a review where they compare the ZxR to Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus.

It doesn't tell me anything when they write in a review: "the bass is tight and accurate" yadda yadda, i want to see a comparison between Phoebus and ZxR.

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    When they mean tight and accurate, they mean that the bass goes along with the rest of the song and the bass notes are how bass suppose to sound. If the bass is over powering or its one note then it would be Boomy bass or muddy if I recall right.

They are actually telling you the difference , it just that you don't understand what they mean. Now With the ZXR it has op-amp sockets so it sound signature can be changed, but most review sites doesn't adventurer into rolling op-amps.

http://www.stereophile.com/reference/50/ A Explaining of all The meanings including tight and accurate when it comes to sound. It explains in detail what they mean. Which is good for those who don't understand.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  14. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Source of the link please ?so i could read it also for myself i checked the creative forums its a bit messy there so i cannot find it.

15. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Hell no, i don't mean that BS, even my onboard Realtek has EQ settings.
    What i meant is something simple like this, which Creative had since SB16 or something.

[​IMG]

16. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    In control panel...only Levels...no EQ. I never minded that...always set up through the Creative software....I have three or four settings, depending on what I am doing...set it that way...

17. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Too bad, a no to SB z series for me then. CL dropping the ball over something that simple. Tried the Recon3D a few months ago, returned it because it sounded awful compared to my X-Fi. Guess the Z won't be different.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Recon3D has a bass setting in it's own control panel, just not in the Windows audio control panel. The SB Z cards are likely to use similar drivers/software since they're based on the same DSP.

19. Mr_Twinky

Mr_Twinky Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Vega56
    No :(

And there are no EAX Presets like Jazz club stone hall etc etc ether

The Z seems to me to be a Quick Fix on the Recon3D from reviews on the Recon i saw all users said it improved audio in games better than the X-Fi
    But didn't match up to music like the X-Fi

But i did love the bass and treble settings but Seriously the sound card is still better than my X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

The EQ in the Sound Blaster control panel is like an advanced version of the the bass and treble sliders. The old Bass and Treble Sliders where still an EQ themselfs

When setting up the EQ set it to flat first then start from left or right
    and slide it up full to hear distintly what sound your working with then adjust it but try not to go past 10\-10 or your audio will probably start to tare. and then work accross

Thats how i set mine up

Just so you know what my setup is like for your own opinion on my comment

I have 5.1 Creative Inspire T6200 speakers

My bass and treble settings on my XFi where:
    Bass -----|---
    Treble -----|--

Audio output set to 24bit 96khz

Z setup

24bit 96khz output

EQ in SoundBlaster Control panel tweaked to my settings still keeping bass Freq set slightly up
    and Higher Freq set slightly higher with EQ level set to 2-4 depending on how loud i want it.

EQ in Windows Media player set the same

Both of the cards sound alike but the Z is still clearer.

To Try and describe how, I would have to say it sounds like the audio is layered in a sense with the Z
    And with the X-Fi certain sounds would blend together dulling introments that you would have been tring to enhance through the media player EQ

And Voices with the Z tend to project through the centre speakers more
    strings sound more crisp, Bass sounds can be more deap.

Projection of sound is alot better.

All audio is ALOT Louder than the X-Fi

And Windows Volume works with the Z below 5

I don't know what else to say.

I am happy with my purchase. I got mine OEM so no EMI sheild or Red leds no box NOTHING but the card lol.
    If the EMI Sheild is effective and you bought a Retail version your audio should be even cleaner again lol :L

I'd recommend it.

Also my friend has a Asus Xonor and I sware the X-Fi xtreme gamer gave out much cleaner sounds than his did. But to be fair i never had the card in my computer so that means i never got to set it up the way i would like to have had it set.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Which Asus Xonar card he has, if he has a Xonar ST/STX or Xense then the default JRC op-amp is what was doing it to the sound signature.