Noctua NH-U12S and NH-U14S get tested

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 14, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this review we focuss on Noctua and test the Noctua NH-U12S and NH-U14S CPU coolers. These CPU coolers have recently been introduced into the channel with kicks performance and versus some really n...

Noctua NH-U12S and NH-U14S get tested

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Nice review, finally one with a D14 in the graphs aswell.

Still need a cooler for my upcoming Haswell upgrade. I do want a D14, but it bothers me it comes with the old Fans. I could buy extra new ones but that's another 40 Euros extra.

I think i'm grabbing the U14S with an extra Fan for Push/Pull.

(I did e-mail Noctua in the weekend about the D14 with new Fans tho, havn't had a response yet. Expecting that today or tomorrow)

3. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Classified
    Another excellent review, Hilbert.
    I especially like the max voltage charts to help determine the max OC parameters that these coolers can handle.
    A little hint for the people at Noctua who decide their color scheme.
    Basic black goes with anything. Putting a silver or gold branding on the fan shroud is all you need for brand recognition.
    After all, "Noctua" says it all.
    I'm not the only person that passes on your rather ugly brown and tan colors.
    After all the complaints about these colors not going with any major computer components, it appears as if you're ignoring your potential customers requests.
    Not a very good thing in today's economy.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I think i'm the only one who doesn't mind the colors are all. It's nice that people instantly see "ah he spend money on some great case fans".

5. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Not a bad alternative to the NH-D14 if looking for something a little smaller and cheaper. Good to see that my NH-D14 is still rock solid compared to new coolers.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The color scheme doesn't bother me either. Noctua makes some of the best coolers and fans I have ever used.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    damn look like I will be picking ones these up when I do my new build unless something else come out that impresses me, seeing I wont do water cooling.

Anyone that complains about the color of the fans is just stupid imo, if your obsessing over the color of your computers fans, you are using your computer wrong

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    You can always repaint them (I guess.) though since they are inside the case I don't care, sure they look a bit different but that also makes them stand out. :)

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    You can Paint the, Noctua says something about it on their site tho in the FAQs. It can increase vibrations and such.

But really with an all Black or White case having Noctua Fans all over doesn't look bad at all.

10. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Neither you're the only person who prefers form over function.

All I think when I see Noctua fans on others' cases even when it clashed with their case colors is "This guy knows quality fans".
    And I really don't get people who stares all day into the fans inside their cases.