MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 11(2013-07-16)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jul 16, 2013.

1. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Do you check your game settings in RTSS for custom direct3D support?

2. Conrad.TDI

Conrad.TDI Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1gig
    Thanks!

Thanks as always for the updates.

3. Psychor

Psychor Member

GPU:
    pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
    I'm currently running the prior beta of AB with RTSS. Is it necessary to uninstall the prior versions before installing the latest build? Thanks.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is recommended to uninstall RTSS and reboot if prompted by uninstaller before installing new RTSS version. It is not necessary to uninstall the previous version of AB before installing new one.

5. Unwinder

Received it, thanks. I'll include the update in the next version.

6. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    i'm sorted. Tested out some Battlefield 3 and recorded just fine. Now I have to fine tweak it so that my gameplay looks better. Thanks for the info.

7. Psychor

Psychor Member

GPU:
    pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
    Thank you.

8. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Any chance to do hebrew translation to afterburner and rsst?
    I can do the translation

9. Unwinder

I'll gladly add it to both Afterburner and RTSS if you create it. Please refer to .\SDK\Doc\Localization reference.pdf to find detailed instructions on creating third-party localizations.

10. JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    @unw

Thanks for adding the graph columns. Is it now possible to have option for resizing graph titles as they are a little small to read at a glance.

11. Unwinder

Nope, sorry. It won't transform into endless chain of new GUI tweak options.

12. JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Ok thanks for letting us know anyways. The mult-columns work pretty well for me when I fill a wide screen I can see all the graphs I want. It's still a nice little addition.

13. Super1

Super1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    @Unwinder

nice attitude

14. Unwinder

@Super1

I don't think that I'm forcing you to use it and spend time here

15. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    @Unwinder
    I think despite vast majority of people using AB are grateful for having such awesome tool, they aren't very fond of your attitude problem, which you can't seem to control in the slightest.
    I know you get **** ton of dumb questions all the time, and stupid people show up and whine about nonsenses, and even sort of attack you, but that still doesn't give you the right to behave the way you do. It probably even discourages "bystanders" from trying it out. As a developer, you should really just ignore stupid comments, or have several prewritten universal answers ready to throw at them.

16. Unwinder

My attitude problem is actually a problem of those who come to _any_ forum including this one and truely beleive that somebody is sitting at other side to solve their problem immediately, even if it is your own stupidity and RTFM issue. It is not 24/7 support forum, it is not an ifficial MSI techsport place, the company employees don't visit is frequently.
    And talking about my "rights" to behave this or that way - sorry, but I'm at my home, you're the guest. I'm not coming to your home with my rules and expect others not to come to mine telling me what to do.
    And talking about "as a developer you should..." - I'll gladly take your lesson if you show me your hobby which you support that way with roughly 10 million user base. Without it it sounds like a fantasy of user who never did it himself.
    Summarizing: I'm not trying to be your friend, I'm trying to create the tool for educated users. If you cannot use it - don't use it, I'm not forcing you to do so.

17. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Thanks for proving my point.

18. Unwinder

Thanks for proving my point as well. The only ones who talk about "attitude issue" are by far not the developers able to demonstrate "correct" support on their own live example but those who come here without researching and represent their questions in "polite" phrases in "WTF situation here". Didn't realize that I was feeding the troll.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  19. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    Hah, he referenced a post of yours from March. Welcome to the club! I'm Celeras, member since 2010. I was banned for a week or two for also commenting on poor attitudes.

We meet on Tuesdays, and tend to regale in stories of the glorious month when Unwinder refused to post. Brewskies are provided on an alternating basis and some people like to bring snacks. You picked a good week, I do believe its Taco Tuesday!

20. Unwinder

Not surprized to see old trolls resurrection. Am I reading abot "poor attitudes" from a user who got his ban for "pig-headed dick unwinder"? You were banned for personal insults like the rest members if your "club". And it doesn't look like your lesson changed your behaviours. I can give one more, if you continue.