GTA V Release Date leaks and then leaks again

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 30, 2012.

1. mw8t

mw8t Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti 2GB SC
    Well I have everything maxed including phys-x and the game is butter smooth. The visuals are jaw dropping. Got to laugh at all the haters with their inadequate systems blaming the game :D

2. -=Seany=-

-=Seany=- Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    Ahem, indeed we do, indeed we do.

Gta iv ran terribly, it runs and look pretty acceptable for me now on medium settings.

V might run better simply because it's the same engine. At least it has to be better than iv was on release.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  3. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    only question is... what did they cut from the game to reduce development time and will end up as a 20$ DLC later on?

how long did renderware last? wait don't some devs still use it? Anyway this will be the case. R* will develop many games on this engine that's for sure.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Stop being a toss,
    On my system which is a touch more up there than yours, GTA4 still runs like utter crap. Its an highly unoptimized game, and its pure luck going from pc to pc if it'll run at 60+ on max settings @ 1080p.

Pull your head in and stop pissing on other people pc's.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

He obviously isn't running it properly maxed out like he claims. I'm really sure he has all the render setings set to 100 :) (if anyone knows the sheer BS that Rockstar tried to claim behind these settings they'll know what I'm talking about).

GTA IV is woefully bad performance wise, and the memory management subsystem is grossly inadequate. I'm not sure of what the maximum memory usage will be on the GPU side if you properly max eveyrthing out, but it's probably beyond the 3GB that some video cards have on them.

Now, that brings us back to another point. 32-bit game! It simply isn't well designed considering the memory requirements of those settings and the fact it's 32-bit. It would be nice of course if GTA V came in 64-bit only if they have similar memory requirements. 32-bit only people can't really complain, because if they run 32-bit Windows, it pretty much means they either don't have (or can't) make use of more than 4GB of RAM+GPU memory total, which would be inadequate to run the game anyway! and they are probably trying to run it on inadequate hardware too.

The best thing Rockstar could do, and they probably won't, is to make the game 64-bit only, which will absolute definitely make performance/graphics better! (especially since you could use say, 14GB system RAM and 3GB of Video Ram for some systems, not the measly 3 or 4GB (Large Address Aware) total system+video RAM that a 32-bit app can make use of).

On a computer with 8GB of RAM, it still means you can make use of up to 7GB system RAM and say 2GB video RAM (9GB total), and on 4GB systems you can make use of 3GB system RAM and 1GB video RAM, still more than what you could do on a 32-bit system.

Previous 64-bit games (of which there are very few) weren't optimised for the 64-bit versions. You won't get a 40 percent framerate increase, but in terms of making use of memory, and having better textures and performance because of the extra memory, then yes, 64-bit would be greatly beneficial, at least if it is even remotely done properly!

6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    You're still ignoring the fact that people are talking about launch date performance, not 4 years later.

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    GTA 4 still runs like CRAP even after a few upgrade cycles.

8. mw8t

mw8t Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti 2GB SC
    Like I said, everything maxed (I mentioned phys-x in an earlier post, I got confused with another game.... Driver SF I think)

[​IMG]

Benchmark

Don't cry

9. Kexzey

Kexzey Guest

GPU:
    XFX GeForce GTX295
    And you had that setup on GTA IV's release date?
    ...I think not.
    GTA IV was released in 2008, so I highly doubt any of the technology you have now, you had in 2008... :bang:

Just saying :')

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I'll have to have another look when I get back on my system (and I feel like installing and playing it :D) but I was sure the memory usage on a non-modded GTA IV was higher than that with everything maxed out.

11. mw8t

mw8t Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti 2GB SC
    Medium settings? I guess it looks similar to the PS3 version. I had this on PS3 a few years ago and got about 25% through the game then never played it again. Not only did it look terrible the story was boring as well.

Maxed out on PC the story is still boring but the stunning graphics keep me coming back for more and more :D Currently 60% through it.

12. -=Seany=-

-=Seany=- Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    Well medium-high, with Ice enhancer. That makes a big visual difference.

Only played about 60% of the story, the main fun of GTA for me has always been running amok and playing with mods/scripts.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Even now unless i turn certain things to medium or low (Water) I still get low fps/stuttering let alone the system i had in 2008.