RivaTuner v2.10 is on the way!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Unlikely, sorry. Honestly, from my POV these things are not the highest priority even for NVIDIA boards because modern ATI and NVIDIA control panels contain profiling features and allow controlling the most frequently used D3D/OGL settings needed by 99% of users. It was way more interesting to examine D3D/OGL settings in the past because back in 2000 both NV/ATI control panels couldn't even control anisotrpoic filtering modes. Now it is all in the past and I focus mainly on the features missing in the control panel (i.e. on advanced hardware monitoring and overclocking techniques).

Haven't used refresh override for a few years already after migrating from CRT to LCD. I have no ideas about DX10 support, sorry.

2. Unwinder

snarl, r2rX, Blahman

Please send me your emails via PM.

3. NightCrawler™

NightCrawler™ Member Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA GTX460 1 8800GTSSC
    Interesting... I've been having mysterious random crashes with Rivatuner 2.09, Everest and Samurize combined...
    I'm pretty sure it's somehow related to each other but I've never been able to disclose it.. hopefully this new version fixes it...

4. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    ah no worries but is fan control still possible?

5. Unwinder

Yup, it should work.

6. r2rX

r2rX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 480
    Fair enough...although, Catalyst Control Center is a resource hog, and delays Windows boot up time....the ability to use a program (such as ATi Tray Tools or even RivaTuner) is much more sought out after than using ATi's CCC...as i've been using RivaTuner for a while I was only hoping I might be able to have it as an option....but fair enough, dude. :)

Well, is there any documentation or other resources you could point me to so I could try discover where/how to get refresh rate control working with DX10? Since getting the 4870, the only game I could play with no problem was Bioshock...every other DX10 game won't play above 60Hz...and it's killing my eyes. :)

Cheers. ;)

7. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

This is good news, good news.
    Hope you had a good vacation.

I'm still on an 8800 GT so I'm practically useless on this topic, but I'll try out the final version anyway.

8. mikeyakame

mikeyakame Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 729/1566/2700
    Unwinder,

Sounds really good and looking forward to it.

Might I ask you a simple question if you have time to respond as it's just concerning the PCI-E bus phase locked loop reference frequency switching from you experience. At which clock ratios / frequencies does the G200's switch between Internal PLL and external PCI-E PLL references? I've come across some oddities on my Intel X48 board where in the PCI-E frequency is from 104-110MHz it will sometimes result in random display lockups/dropouts or cross chatter on the Northbridge/Southbridge. I've found any frequency outside of this is fine, and actually that > 112MHz is where it is really happy. 108MHz ends up in large cross chatter / electrical noise and causes USB hangs.

This phenomenon only seems to occur on Intel chipsets, as far as my testing has gone so far. I know that Nvidia at some stage was using a 125MHz clock on their PCI-E 2.0 slots, while only 100MHz on the PCI-E 1.0 slots. Could this possibly attribute to the problem where the card expects a 125MHz PLL reference from PCI-E and only gets a 100MHz reference to generate the 2D / low power 3D clocks.

I've come to the conclusion this has something to do with the Internal PLL using a multiple of its 27MHz reference clock for clock generating the core/shader clocks.

The other weird problem I noticed was with Rivatuner 2.09 settings the clocks to a non standard multiple based on the Internal PLL, or even bios clocks causing the 2D / 3D clock domain switching to play up or disable and stay in Performance 3D mode until next video post on reboot / power cycle.

I was wondering if it wasn't any trouble and if you understood exactly how the new architecture works in this regard if you might be able to shed some light on my experiences/findings. It would be of the greatest appreciation even if you could shed any light at all with your knowledge in this area (as it appears to be a great unknown to most)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  9. ribbell

ribbell Active Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    Thank you, 48xx support greatly appreciated, especially the fan control feature.
    I assume that fan control principles for the 48xx cards are the same that apply to the 3850/3870 fan controller, right?

10. Unwinder

Yes, 48x0 fan controller is a full copy of 38x0 fan controller with some addtional hardware features (e.g. tachometer integrated in GPU). So fan control principles and auto fan control parameters are absolutely the same.

11. Unwinder

AFAIK reference clocks never switch on GT200 hardware. GT200 always uses internal 27MHz PLL IC as a reference clock source. PCI-E bus clock is only used to replace internally generated memory clock in 2D mode (it is faster for driver to use alternate clock already generated for bus instead of generating the same clock by memory PLL). So clocking PCI-E to 125 instead of 100MHz in idle shouldn't affect anything but resulting 2D memory clock (125MHz instead of 100MHz).

12. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    then i would be happy to beta test 2.10 :)

13. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Anynews on when the beta will be ready for testing?

14. Unwinder

Patience, dealing with troll from nvnews eats some extra time. Hope that we'll start testing withing couple hours.

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Yeah, i noticed. Good luck with those idiots!

16. Unwinder

Here we go, beta has been sent to major beta-testers team. I'll also forward it to 48x0 testers after a short break for lunch.

Also, I see that many nvnews guys are trying to register new accounts in hope to express the fury caused by EULA modification here. I'd like to forward them to this posting, there is nothing more to add to it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  17. Unwinder

Please send me your email address via PM.

18. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thanx Unwinder, i look forward to testing out v2.10.

19. HanShot1st

HanShot1st Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870 512mb DDR5
    Fantastic Alexey! The wait is almost over. :)

I'm sure you've had lots of requests, but I can help test 4870s on XP and Vista 32bit.

Thanks again!

edit: going to send you my email via PM just in case.

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well i'm selling this 4870x2 than
    keep up the good work and good to see you back.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.