Afterburner 1.6.0 Beta 1 + Kombustor 1.02 (2010-3-29)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Garrett_Wu, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Thanks, guys. The issue is reproduced and fixed. We'll upload Beta 2 with a fix soon.

2. Unwinder

Kombustor is a third party product with different developer and no initial multilanguage support in the core. So don't be too optimistic on that.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks Unwinder. You really are a star. :D

I really appreciate the effort you put into these exceptionally useful tools and I love the pop up info boxes. Utilities like RivaTuner and D3DOverrider are a permanent feature of my PC and I'm sure MSI Afterburner will be too. Thanks again.

4. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Thanks, Unwinder - the 160 beta + the newest BIOS work like a charm for me-running 1000 MHz on stock voltage now !

5. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Looks like I'm a bit late on reporting the screen capture folder bugs.

Is it possible to hook the screen cap shortcut to the Print Scrn button?

6. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    I use S3 sleep mode a lot as I like the instant boot times it gives me. I also use MSI Afterburner to overclock my 5870 and for the last 2 months I've been thinking my card is a poor overclocker as I could not get it stable whatever voltage over 900mhz on the GPU. I've just figured out if I use sleep, when the pc wakes it sets the video card to default voltage rather than Afterburner defined voltage (Checked with GPU-Z.) thus it becomes unstable..... If I manually reset the card overclock then load the profile again it is stable again....

Is there anyway around this.

7. TonyGrunt

TonyGrunt New Member

GPU:
    2*MSI GTX285 1GB OC SLI
    ArmaA II freezes with new Afterburner.
    No card overclocking with OSD enabled.
    I am back to Afterburner 1.51.

8. Unwinder

Feel smell of old good songs like "old Precision version was way better and more stable, why you create new unstable crap". :( That killed new Precision versions development in the end. Anyway, that's totally your choice, think that old version is better - just use it. Nobody forcing you to upgrade, as well as you're not supposed to get constant free feature upgrades at all.

9. TonyGrunt

TonyGrunt New Member

GPU:
    2*MSI GTX285 1GB OC SLI
    Didn't mean to offend you.
    Was trying just to bug report.
    I was gaming in ArmA 2 when I wrote it, so my message could have come a bit hasty.
    And my mention of 1.51 was to clarify that it was some new bug.
    Some more info when ArmA2 freezes the fps counter writes a 6-8 hex number.

10. Unwinder

If it is 100% reproducable and if it is related to new OSD rendering mode (which I seriously doubt in) - you can always select the previously available 2D mode. Just peek into the changes list, it can always give you the hints what to look at.

11. TonyGrunt

TonyGrunt New Member

GPU:
    2*MSI GTX285 1GB OC SLI
    Reinstalled 1.6 and did some more tests.
    ArmA2 freezes with On-Screen Display 3D either on or off.
    Show On-Screen Display at off and no freeze for 15 mins test. Al-TAB enable it and back to game, less than a minute freeze.
    Time to freeze isn't always the same, varies from less than a 1 min to 10 mins.
    Only visual bug that I found is when 3D OSD is on, the FPS value turns to 8001FP8S when crashed.
    With 3D OSD off, it displays still the last FPS.
    Hope this helps you.

12. Unwinder

Then I'd say that it is beyond the reality, sorry. There are no differences comparing to old OSD version when 3D mode is off. You're confusing something and I cannot help you with that, sorry. So just stay at 1.5.1 and never upgrade to newer versions.

13. TonyGrunt

TonyGrunt New Member

GPU:
    2*MSI GTX285 1GB OC SLI
    Replaced 1.6 RTSSHooks.dll with the one from 1.5.1 and played for 1 hour with no freeze. Previously when ArmA2 freezed and upon exiting Afterburner this file remained locked, so I tried the above.
    Hope this helps.

14. Unwinder

Just did some research about Arma II and forund out that it officiallly introduced BattlEye anticheat system usage in the latest patch, which clearly declares incompatibility with any overlay OSD applications (XFire, FRAPS and ATI Tray Tools are listed as incompatible in BattleEye support FAQ). And I'm almost 100% sure that new OSD server itself absolutely cannot be the reason of game freezing, especially with 3D mode disabled, because in this mode it is functionally equal to the previous version. Most likely BattleEye has some whitelisting techniques inside and KNOWS about old version of server (via DLL checksums?) but doesn't know new one. Anyway, it is not the server's issue and it cannot be solved from my side. So either play with OSD off (like recommended in BattleEye FAQs) or try to get t solved from BattleEye side. Issue closed.

15. sikvdila

sikvdila Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X OC
    I testing afterburner 1.6.0 beta i founr one strange thing. when runing afterburner 1.6.0 beta FPS droping down, for example if i have only fraps runing my FPS in dirt2 are ~60, when i run afterburner and run game again fps are ~30

any idea?

I also had Afterburner 1.5.1 and worked great

16. Unwinder

There are A LOT of things inside Afterburner which may eat performance if used without thinking. Monitoring hardware state and too frequent hardware polling rate, logging monitoring data to HDD, using software automatic fan speed and setting too frequent fan speed update period and so on and so on. ALL these things are eating performance, you have full info about such things in the context help and you have built in performance profiler in Afterburner. It is completely up to you to find out what is the source of performance hit in your system.

17. sikvdila

sikvdila Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X OC
    Unwinder i know this but i am using 100% same settings and profile when used 1.5.1 and now using same profile on 1.6.0 but differenc are ~30 fps

18. Unwinder

Hint: 1.5.1 DOESN'T support DX11 OSD. 1.6.0 does. Closed.

19. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    How these people are managing to achieve such supreme degrees of PEBCAK I'll never know. I guess they think they know everything and don't even bother to read the hints.

20. sikvdila

sikvdila Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X OC
    When i had 1.5.1 I used OSD 3.7 beta 5 so it's not osd problem

Now osd version is 3.7 beta 6 and if this is beta 6 problem i don't know